World Cup 2010

Alright, I looked at it again. My bad. The second yellow was unfair. Keita ran into him.

wtf, the guy was looking behind him !!! :D
Kaka definitely deserved the second yellow card.
and btw, it's the first time I in my entire life that I wanted Brazil to lose a match :D I think Ivory Coast deserves to go further in this tournament.. well.. that's the African affinity :p

kaka deserves a red card every game for being a spoilt pious brat, and tbh brazil can hardly complain about playacting after that pathetic performance. brazil have been cheats for years but everyone ignores it 'cause BRAZIL SUPER FLAMENCO FOOTBALL DRIBBLING SKILLS HAPPY NATION COFFEE THE BEAUTIFUL GAME LITTLE PIECE OF BRAZILIAN MAGIC

They beat North Korea only 2-1. The Brazilians.

Ref in the Chile v Swiss game. What a joker.

Ah, sorry, my mistake. It sill counts 1-0 though.

Also, yes, the referee in the Chile vs Swiss game was really terrible. He should be kicked out immediately. Giving Behrami a red card was the biggest mistake.

The interesting thing is, Brazil barely beat South Korea 1-0.

If you compare the way North Korea played in both those games it becomes a bit more understandable. Against Brazil they played defensive, but against Portugal they had to win, so naturally their defense opened up much more. A damn impressive game by Portugal nevertheless.

What are you talking about? Portugal is a definite heavyweight in the entire last decade. They've improved massively since the edge of Figo's career. They even have a FIFA World ranking of fucking 3.

You can't judge teams who play against ones such North Korea (with all due respect to them/their fans) ! The goal keeper was awful, Portugal was physically better. And they kinda gave up the game after the third goal.
I don't expect that much from Portugal tbh. I hope Brazil and Ivory Coast will pass :kickass:

What are you talking about? Portugal is a definite heavyweight in the entire last decade. They've improved massively since the edge of Figo's career. They even have a FIFA World ranking of fucking 3.

i think this is... debatable, and that fifa rankings are hardly reliable at the best of times. qualifying campaign was toss really. they're difficult to beat, well organised defensively, but they aren't capable of tearing up teams who defend against them - NK totally and utterly capitulated today, and were generally far more attack-minded from the start, so they don't count (not fair to compare this to the brazil game, i agree). quieroz doesn't really bother with tactics seemingly, so i see portugal getting frustrated pretty often in this tournaments against teams set up properly against them. and we know what portuguese frustration leads to...

Last edited by a moderator:
this is the most unpredictable WC, hell even england, italy are always sucky in the beginning then pressure builds up and then they play good. we shall see.

i don't think the failings of england, france or italy were hard to predict tbh, although yeah, draws against algeria and new zealand are even worse than expected. otherwise spain's loss against switzerland is the only other really bizarre result so far, and germany's against serbia but the ref really gave them a helping hand in that one.

btw the pressure building up won't make england play better. england only play well when the expectation's lowered. that's why we always fail in tournaments we've come into on a high, and we always breeze through qualification after we've disappointed in the big tournaments. it's a neverending vicious circle of expectation skyrocketing, the team falling apart, expectation falling, the team suddenly performing, etcetc.

I'll win this fucking cup!!!

tbh i don't care if Brazil will win or not, i'm very sad cuz Flamengo is out of Libertadores da América.

I think New Zealand would be a great winner. Brazil, Brazil, Brazil... boriiiiing.

mexico and uruguay. good result. i like how uruguayans are on the ball.

argentina's was an excellent game. i like how seba veron distributes the ball and sets up the patient ball movement. his balls are inch accurate too, both grounders and arial balls. why didnt he settle at man united? also.. messi should score already.