Worship Music - fave tunes? Least faves?

I think Judas Priest is the best song they have written for years musically. Still I'm not very big fan of Joey's vocals.

Still I'm not very big fan of Joey's vocals.

If you wanna enjoy lestening the new album without having a problem with Joey's vocals, you have to forget the fact that there's a better singer the band used to have... ;)
Well, I somehow agree with Johnnie - some songs would sound better with more aggressive v:yell:ice.

It's not really about aggressivity I guess. Joey is singing okay but with this opera-prog-rock manners that I don't really like (reminds me of Nevermore, Barlow-era Iced Earth and the likes) and I don't think it fits the music, even on this album.
I've already said the record kinda reminds me of the Stone Sour latest release (though not too commercial), but unfortunately Joey's no Corey Taylor.

It's not really about aggressivity I guess. Joey is singing okay but with this opera-prog-rock manners that I don't really like (reminds me of Nevermore, Barlow-era Iced Earth and the likes) and I don't think it fits the music, even on this album.
I've already said the record kinda reminds me of the Stone Sour latest release (though not too commercial), but unfortunately Joey's no Corey Taylor.

I really love the new album. It's like they took the best of both eras and mashed it together. What I hated most about Joey's vox back in the day was all the goddamn speak singing. Like in caught in a mosh. He also just sounded super weak to me. On this album, however, his vocals are pretty strong.
I don't like the marriage of less melodic thrash mixed with very melodic vocals either. I also don't usually like less melodic vocals in melodic music.

yeah didnt like judas priest at first. Thought it was a bit slow and ploddy, after after a few listens I really like it now. Defo the one song thats grown on me the most over time

I'm Alive was hard to get into, but I get it now. I should probably give this LP a break before I burn myself out on it. Haven't really been listening to anything else except WM.

AlexStomp said:
I'm Alive was hard to get into, but I get it now. I should probably give this LP a break before I burn myself out on it. Haven't really been listening to anything else except WM.

Me too. I had to give myself a break last night and listen to the new Opeth. Other then that it's been nothing but Worship Music.

So, guess who just managed to wrangle up a copy a day early?

:headbang:

Faves? YES. All of em.

Awesome! I'm going to Best Buy tomorrow to get the CD, and then the record store on Wed to pick up the Vinyl version! Also can't wait till my 'splatter' vinyl version gets here from Nuclear Blast!

At the beginning I was really biased, but... it does get better and better.

I'm not sure yet which song is my favorite one, but I have some disturbing feelings about "Fight 'em": it somehow reminds of something else... Especially, that chorus.