Worship music with Nelson

Since the vocals are the only thing I don't really like on WM, which I've said a few times before, I would really like to hear that. I don't think it could have been much worse.

I also think that Joey killed on the new record - and this is coming from someone who has never really been a fan of his vocals. It's the best he ever sounded.

However, I'd love to hear the Nelson versions, I bet it probably really rocked, regardless. Which one would be better? We never know until we hear it.

I was just kidding about the gang vocals. It was pretty impressive when I was 14 though. actually, i'd like the next record to be a continuation of WM. I think with this current line up of Anthrax, they can do no wrong.

I understand the curiousity surrounding what WM would sound like with Dan Nelson. But seriously, what's the point? What if you do like it? Are you gonna start a grassroots internet campaign to get Anthrax to make amends with him?? I have a pretty good idea of what it would sound like. I'm sure studio polishing would make it marketable to some extent. If you recall interviews, Scott Ian described him as John Bush on steroids and sang his praises. From live youtube clips and the one time I saw them in NYC, he sucked. Cheap Anselmo rip off. I was baffled as why Rob Caggiano suggested him in the first place. I would have been much happier with the dude from slipknot.

I understand the curiousity surrounding what WM would sound like with Dan Nelson. But seriously, what's the point? What if you do like it?

It would make the album worth listening to. Like I said, I find it a really boring album (and I've been on here for fuckin years so you know I'm as big a fan of the band as just about any of you). I'd like to hear it with Nelson.

I'd like to hear it because, and I know I'm in the minority, I liked Dan Nelson with Anthrax. He sang the most badass version of Madhouse I've ever heard! Cheesy tough guy metal antics aside, I thought he had a great voice. When he actually sang, that is.

Anyway, I couldn't be happier about WM as it is. I just hate what ifs.

PS. I love gang vocals!

Starting tonight people will die! :kickass:

Gang Vocals done by ANTHRAX has always been some of the high points in their songs.

What ifs is just a way to kill time while we wait...and wait...a little more

It would make the album worth listening to. Like I said, I find it a really boring album (and I've been on here for fuckin years so you know I'm as big a fan of the band as just about any of you). I'd like to hear it with Nelson.

thats a shame u dont like it,ive found there last few albums didnt have any stamina to them but wm is timeless album so far:)

Something I would like to see released, but not until Anthrax is no longer a functioning entity. Were it to be felt to be superior to the Joey version or - admittedly unlikely - do better business it would put pressure on the band to sack Joey and bring back Dan.

I agree that it might be interesting to hear it maybe 20 years down the road. To hear what changes were made. Didn't they re-record most if not all the parts???? Maybe to hear if they changed keys or arrangements, melodies, Joey's approach with some lyrics versus Dan's approach, phrasing, etc.

But there's no use in hearing it now. WM came out great and Joey belongs in Anthrax.

Something I would like to see released, but not until Anthrax is no longer a functioning entity. Were it to be felt to be superior to the Joey version or - admittedly unlikely - do better business it would put pressure on the band to sack Joey and bring back Dan.

Unlikley? Try impossible. No way the Nelson version could possibly be better. I'd bet my life on it.

I'd still like to hear it though, just out of curiosity.

I agree that it might be interesting to hear it maybe 20 years down the road. To hear what changes were made. Didn't they re-record most if not all the parts???? Maybe to hear if they changed keys or arrangements, melodies, Joey's approach with some lyrics versus Dan's approach, phrasing, etc.

That's it, curiosity is the one thing, and I would really like to hear what changes have been made. Still think they changed less than they told.

This ^

No significant changes in I'm Alive, Revolution Screams or Earth on Hell (at least from the super shitty recordings of it). Only really changed part in Fight Em was the devil's darkest nightmare part.