WORST Metallica Album

Goatfire

Go-at-fire
Oct 9, 2002
Visit site
What's in your opinion the worst Metallica album? I know I shouldn't put there first 5 albums, but I do it anyway. Only one album because so we'll see which one is the MOST HATED 'Tallica album ever. In my opinion the worst Metallica album is S & M :puke:

Reload.

I hate the sound on Load and Reload... but on Load the songs at least work for what they are. On Reload they are crappy leftovers.

Being that I've never really heard load or reload, then it's an easy choice for me, the black album. They shit on all of their fans with that one.

Anyone who still gave them a chance after that album deserved what they got.

The Black album rocks I reckon :)

Great songs, great production. Even though it's not thrash anymore, it's still METAL at least. Good solid metal with an early '90s hard rock feel... seeing that I love early '90s hard rock I love it.

Load and Reload were bad coz they turned ALTERNATIVE! :mad:

First off, I can't believe that somebody actually voted for the bible of heavy metal "Master of Puppets".

As to the question at hand, anything since Load has been a load of shit, so although I could have picked Reload as the outright worst album, I went with the one that started the sucking process.

Although some people credit the black album as being their downfall, I disagree. Aside from tightening the songs (4-5 minute songs are more likely to get radio play than 8-9 minutes), I respected Metallica even more after this album, because I felt that they didn't significantly change their sound, but made it mainstream on their own terms...which is all the more reason why Load baffled me: they proved they could put out a metal album and have it be successful, why do an about face?

I think Garage Inc was a big mistake on their part. It allows even the new fans see how far they've fallen by comparing the good old days on disc two with the majority of the crap that they've become on disc one.

i like the black album. People say it was their downfall because they went from thrash to old-stlye heavy metal but i just base how things suck by HOW GOOD IT IS.Thats all people care about now adays is who's heavier.

everything after black i agree is horrible. Their best album is probably master of puppets. I also have and justice for all and black but when i bought reaload i just sold it because it was horrible.I heard the songs off load and i think they were worse though.

I voted for S + M. I consider it the peggior album of the Metallica because their song they were already perfect so, not the need heard itself of to destroy adding them a symphonic orchestra.. :mad:
I that album I will have listened to it 2 times... and so I have sufficed... :erk:
Money spent in the worse manner possible.. :devil: