Worst Opeth Song Moment

I didn't like the ending of Bleak when I first heard it, but I do enjoy it whenever I actually pull BWP out of my collection and listen to it (somewhat infrequent compared to Orchid and MAYH)

I really dislike the ending of Serenity Painted Death where it suddenly just ends. The first time I heard it, it was on mp3. So I figured it was just a bad ripping job, or perhaps the song cut at that point, starting the next track with some kind of transition.

But then I bought the CD, and I realized it still ended so abruptly like that.

I heard that it was intentional, but I still hate it.

I agree what people are saying about BRI, I too think it shouldve ebded after the whisper...but I wish that acoustic part that comes after couldve been thrown into the beggining, the reason I cant listen to BRI anymore, other than Ive listned to it like 300 times, is beacuse of that lame riff in the beginning, by far Opeths mots unimaginative riff..I guess its ok if you like ur riffs thrashy unlike me. I like the ening of Bleak alot. Other than that, I cant really think of many weak moments.

Originally posted by Gregsmack
I really dislike the ending of Serenity Painted Death where it suddenly just ends. The first time I heard it, it was on mp3. So I figured it was just a bad ripping job, or perhaps the song cut at that point, starting the next track with some kind of transition.

I wholeheartedly agree with that.

I heard that cut off on SPD was an accident.. Hmmm...
I don't like that riff under the "I witnessed your beauty" part of Nectar. Too dissonent and repetative. Part of what makes dissonence sound good is having it in with non-dissanent intervals and chords. That riff always makes me feel like someone put my head in a meat grinder. Maybe thats what they were going for....?

Im not much into the part of April Etheral were the guitar sounds extremly out of tune. Im not sure when, it's in the first few minutes.

Originally posted by ChokingParasite
Im not much into the part of April Etheral were the guitar sounds extremly out of tune. Im not sure when, it's in the first few minutes.

That's coz they play some weird chords in the second section... MAYH seems full of that muddy riffing stuff.

Originally posted by Moonlapse
Heyyyy.... muddy = good. I'm sure if my guitar didn't sound like a siren trying to fuck itself when I played Demon of the Fall I'd appreciate the sound more :)

:lol: There is a similie I never heard.

Originally posted by Gregsmack

I don't like that part where he actually sings the words "Serenity Painted Death", I don't know why, but it annoys me.

Also those clean vocals in "When", when he goes "And I cried..." etc., just so lame, monotonous and un-inspired.

Originally posted by Silent Downfall
i think the beginning of apostle in triumph is a waste (it has that weird muffled sounding guitar if im thinking of the right song). it's like a minute of that, then it goes to something compeltely different.

That was meant to be the end of Requiem, it was a mistake made when mixing it.

Originally posted by MadTinus

I don't like that part where he actually sings the words "Serenity Painted Death", I don't know why, but it annoys me.

Also those clean vocals in "When", when he goes "And I cried..." etc., just so lame, monotonous and un-inspired.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by MadTinus
One man's trash is another man's (woman's) treasure, I guess, because that was the line that got me into Opeth. :D

I don't like much of Orchid, so I won't name specific parts. I don't like the boring vocal lines and repetition in the beginning of Bleak.