Worst Opeth Song Moment

Originally posted by Lina
One man's trash is another man's (woman's) treasure, I guess, because that was the line that got me into Opeth. :D
You must have thought "that part sucks so much, their other stuff can only be better" and subsequently bought all Opeth albums to verify... :err:

That part just sums MAYH up for me, that magic lacks for me on that album. The only really good track is the Epilogue imo and then the final melody of it. But then, after Morningrise an album can't but disappoint, so I can't blame them...

Originally posted by MadTinus

You must have thought "that part sucks so much, their other stuff can only be better" and subsequently bought all Opeth albums to verify... :err:
hehe. um...no. :lol:

Originally posted by MadTinus
That part just sums MAYH up for me, that magic lacks for me on that album. The only really good track is the Epilogue imo and then the final melody of it. But then, after Morningrise an album can't but disappoint, so I can't blame them...
Wow, totally opposite view here. MAYH is my favorite -- it conveys the extremes of beauty and aggression so much better than the rest! Oh well, we'll have to agree to disagree.

Yeah I agree that the beginning of BRI does not prepare you for how great the song actually is but Opeth likes to change the typical formula and start off heavy then break melodic when most bands do the opposite!

Originally posted by SentencedToBurn
@ Rosa--- why dont you like steven wilson singing in there? he sings for like 2 seconds and plus hes got a great voice, so why would you skip the track?

He sings for only 2 seconds? I swear that Steven used to sing in all these parts "...devious movements in your eyes...this moment is mine..."
So, maybe I don't like these vocal lines and the guitar riff that plays in this part.

People here are having doubt about BRI.....so, my opinion.....the music is great but I fell that the song is so long not naturally...for me the song is ok up to this part "...and the rising sun..." After that it gets a little boring to listen to.

Black rose immortal, i really dislike this song, its a collection of jigsaw pieces that are mashed together but dont fit, the whole song just feels like its a load of random riffs and sounds stuck together with glue and the tranisitions and riffs arent even that good, i dunno i just have a distaste for it......and the recording was shite compared to BWP =/

Yeah man I totally agree on the BRI thing. I don't dislike it because of this because I feel that the riffs, even if unstructured, are quite pleasant to listen to... I love it when the acoustic shit is played then kicked off distortion style :)

Originally posted by LiB
Black rose immortal, i really dislike this song, its a collection of jigsaw pieces that are mashed together but dont fit, the whole song just feels like its a load of random riffs and sounds stuck together with glue and the tranisitions and riffs arent even that good, i dunno i just have a distaste for it......and the recording was shite compared to BWP =/

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could never stand to listen to Dirge for November.

Also, I recently got Morningrise, and it's just one of those albums I feel have to listen to from beginning to end..but once I get to the first acoustic cut in Nectar, the frustration sets in..it just seems a little randomly thrown in there, which is strange because I've never had a problem with those random Opethian passages in other songs.

How can any true Opeth fan dislike any part of The Moor???
THEEEEERE IS NO FORGIVENESS
IN THESE EYES.... FOR ANY OF YOU
BUT ONE
DISPEL THE MIST... FOR NOWWW
MELINDA IS THE REASON WHY I'VE COME!!!!!

Well, but it seems no one remembered one of the most annoying moments in Opeth's discography: THAT ODD-BIZARRE-EXQUISITE-EXOTIC 5 sec intro to Demon of the Fall !!!!!!!!! What the hell is that??? Played in low volume, coming from the middle of nowhere, a weird grunting bark that seems to be cut from a Cannibal Corpse outro!!!!

At first I really thought the mp3 was @#$% up!! I never heard the song in CD so could anyone tell me if it's really there or everyone here will see me as nuts???
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Nope, it's part of the song. I don't really see what's wrong with it... Demon of the Fall is Opeth's heaviest and most evil song and the sound seems to be a perfect introduction to the riff that it leads into.

EDIT: It also seems that the sound is basically a part of the song reversed and distorted strangely... I can make out cymbals played in reverse there and also the kick drums.