Worst Opeth Song Moment

Just found this thread........I'm slow. ;)

I can't believe people don't like BRI. The opening riff(s) are some of my all time favourites!

Yes! The person who said the bit at the end of Bleak is correct.

I hate that fucking annoying noise, its really a pain in your ears. It sounds like the song just splutters out like a fart.

Ewww.

Hey, nice sig. Lib. Edward Norton owns me.

oh, ahh...the only annoying part I can think of is the intro to 'The twilight is my robe'...

Originally posted by Don Corleone
naaah, that beginning is cool, in my opinion.

the worst moment is -and im sure many will agree with me- that totally-out-of-place sound effect at the end of bleak.

haha, it sounds like someone is farting at the end of Bleak.

Anyway, if I were to look after their worst moments, I would look on MAYH.

Originally posted by Moonlapse
whoohooo, my thread is back :D. I love Advent btw, I think it's the best song on Morningrise.

Yes, same here. I would even say that it's their best song.

Originally posted by Birgith
haha, it sounds like someone is farting at the end of Bleak.

Anyway, if I were to look after their worst moments, I would look on MAYH.

MAYH...worst moments???????????explain please.

Whaddya know, the thread is back again. I disagree about Bleak, I think it's a pretty cool effect, and since I'm a Meshuggah fan, it doesn't really hurt my ears all that much.

I think MAYH would have the worst moments.. I'm not a really big fan of Karma or The Amen Corner... but it makes up for that with Madrigal, Demon of the Fall etc. etc.

Originally posted by Cutter
MAYH...worst moments???????????explain please.

Well, MAYH is the record from Opeth I appreciate the least, so, for me, their worst moments can be found there. Also, some of their best moments.

Don't really know why I dislike this album in front of the other ones they have released. Maybe it's faster?

Still, it contains (as Moonlapse stated) Demon of the fall, which truly is a masterpiece. I can only imagine the reactions at the crowd here in Umeå if Opeth would come and play that song for us. It would fucking explode :)

Black rose immortal, i really dislike this song, its a collection of jigsaw pieces that are mashed together but dont fit, the whole song just feels like its a load of random riffs and sounds stuck together with glue and the tranisitions and riffs arent even that good, i dunno i just have a distaste for it......and the recording was shite compared to BWP =/

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I agree completely!

Originally posted by Morningrise
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I agree completely!

Hehe. Well, Black Rose Immortal IS Morningrise IMO. Without that song, Morningrise wouldn't be as good as it is. Yet, Advent remains.

Originally posted by Moonlapse
Ok, so we've been through what our favourite parts are... but what are the parts in any Opeth songs that make you cringe?

The circus music part in "By The Pain I See In Others"...

Anyhow, I also dislike the intro to the song "Wreath".
How the hell do one pronounce that? .. Wriith or Wräth? :confused:

I'll probably get shit for this, but I think the clean vocals on Orchid and Morningrise are pretty bad/corny. Everytime I hear the, "It is you" part of Nectar, I get third person embarassment. The rest of the song dominates though.

I also agree about BRI being a bunch of pieces put together, but after listening to it so much and loving the individual sections, I don't think I could have it any other way. It just doesn't sound right without the the "bad" parts. It's like have to endure through the tough times (the beginning) to be "saved" by the amazing section (the 12-14 minute section).

And, like someone said, I don't like the intro to Wreath too much. There are quite a few other things that I find as minor annoyances, but the clean vox on Morningrise are possibly the biggest negative part for me.

MAYH, though, is fucking perfect. There's so much emotion captured in there, it's unreal. :hotjump:

Originally posted by Gregsmack
I really dislike the ending of Serenity Painted Death where it suddenly just ends. The first time I heard it, it was on mp3. So I figured it was just a bad ripping job, or perhaps the song cut at that point, starting the next track with some kind of transition.

But then I bought the CD, and I realized it still ended so abruptly like that.

I heard that it was intentional, but I still hate it.

This exact same situation happened to me too. It kinda bugs me a little.

There isn't very much for me complain about on any album, except for little imperfections like that, or the part on Under the Weeping Moon that is out of time (right about 7:28, Anders Fucks up). There is also a missed snare beat near the beginning of In Mist She was Standing (2:38). But, that's the difference between analog and digital, and why the old albums sound different than the new stuff. I really didn't realize how much Pro Tools Steven Wilson used until I read the recent Guitar World interview...