Worst trend in Metal

Worst trend in Metal

• Total voters
Mosh pits.

Also, the last option in this poll exists merely so you can all yank on each other's dicks. As a result, I'm not surprised this thread is a huge yankfest.

nothing wrong with mosh pits. better than a dead audience. it's natural to want to interact with the person next to you in a pseudo-violent manner if you like the music, rather than just rock out by yourself.

anyway, i was at a local grindcore/deathgrind/deathcore gig last night and i observed that the bands that were able to make the crowd (myself included) headbang and fuckin move their bodies were the ones that had breakdowns.

no matter how fast, loud or proficient the other bands were, the crowd would just stand there nodding their heads slightly if there was no chuggachugga to jump around and punch the air to.

nothing wrong with mosh pits. better than a dead audience. it's natural to want to interact with the person next to you in a pseudo-violent manner if you like the music, rather than just rock out by yourself.

anyway, i was at a local grindcore/deathgrind/deathcore gig last night and i observed that the bands that were able to make the crowd (myself included) headbang and fuckin move their bodies were the ones that had breakdowns.

no matter how fast, loud or proficient the other bands were, the crowd would just stand there nodding their heads slightly if there was no chuggachugga to jump around and punch the air to.

Breakdowns are often pretty gay.

I voted for the last one: anything nu-metal, metalcore,deathcore..rap-metal
anything core except for grindcore and hardcore which are the precursors of the genre.

Any band where the lead-singer where's glasses or a baseball cap and gauge earplugs