Worst trend in Metal

Worst trend in Metal

• Total voters
"Actually looking around for things"? Watching MTV and listening to the radio is not looking around, it's waiting for your music to come to you. It's not an active process at all. Every band you named, save ISIS, receives that kind of publicity.

Actually looking around would entail going to shows of bands you haven't heard, buying albums at record stores, browsing internet archives, looking through your friends' recent buys, etc.

This is my point. Known bands at one point or another had to be found, or were around and never got any publicity. For example Gojira has been around for a decade and only in the last 3 years or so have you been hearing about them lots... which in typical fashion now brings the hate from elitist pricks that listen to the most obscure hidden garbage for the sake of being elitist. You find these fuckers in all realms of music. As if having a shirt at Hot Topic automatically discredits you... Skinny Puppy has a fucking shirt at hot topic for christ sakes!

And for the record I listen to a lot of shit, currently that's what I've been listening to the most for whatever given reason (as i lay dying has catchy riffs i felt like doing on the guitar, fucking sue me) but I would never say they were amazing or anything.

I recently pulled out Sepultura's Roots to listen to and that still holds up better than a majority of new fuckign death/thrash that's out today. Am i gonna slam everyone else's attempt? Nah. I'm not. Metal is thriving today and we should all be thankful.

Just hate the bullshit elitism that says you shouldn't be able to sell shirts and a substantial amount of records or you lose credibility.

This is my point. Known bands at one point or another had to be found, or were around and never got any publicity. For example Gojira has been around for a decade and only in the last 3 years or so have you been hearing about them lots... which in typical fashion now brings the hate from elitist pricks that listen to the most obscure hidden garbage for the sake of being elitist. You find these fuckers in all realms of music. As if having a shirt at Hot Topic automatically discredits you... Skinny Puppy has a fucking shirt at hot topic for christ sakes!

And for the record I listen to a lot of shit, currently that's what I've been listening to the most for whatever given reason (as i lay dying has catchy riffs i felt like doing on the guitar, fucking sue me) but I would never say they were amazing or anything.

I recently pulled out Sepultura's Roots to listen to and that still holds up better than a majority of new fuckign death/thrash that's out today. Am i gonna slam everyone else's attempt? Nah. I'm not. Metal is thriving today and we should all be thankful.

Just hate the bullshit elitism that says you shouldn't be able to sell shirts and a substantial amount of records or you lose credibility.

Ugh...here we go again.

BLACK SABBATH, IRON MAIDEN, AND JUDAS PRIEST. All well-known bands and are STILL not rejected by the so-called "metal elitists" (despite having, god forbid, shirts sold at Hot Topic). How many times am I going to have to say it before you people get it: POPULARITY, IN AND OF ITSELF, HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH QUALITY.

Yeah the horns thing pisses me off too, and in fact I'll go even further and say I hate it for any band, not just nu metal. For me it is a representation of the herd mentality and contrary to the individualism that metal stands for.

I honestly don't see the problem with the horns. sure, a lot of the wrong bands get it, but its no reason to stop because of posers/hipsters doing it. they will eventually either move on to something else next week or get killed.

Ugh...here we go again.

BLACK SABBATH, IRON MAIDEN, AND JUDAS PRIEST. All well-known bands and are STILL not rejected by the so-called "metal elitists" (despite having, god forbid, shirts sold at Hot Topic). How many times am I going to have to say it before you people get it: POPULARITY, IN AND OF ITSELF, HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH QUALITY.

But the statement came off as if because someone had a shirt at Hot Topic they were garbage...

I'm way too out of touch to even know what is trendy. If I listened to hipster, trendy metal, I wouldn't even know it - I suppose I wouldn't care either. Realistically, I'd assume just about every type of metal will eventually take a turn being trendy...and then, eventually, it'll become retro and cool again...and then retro and trendy...and so on...and so on...

Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Pelican, Explosions In The Sky, Red Sparowes, Don Caballero, etc. rule.

So... the worst trend in metal is trendcore poser garbage where unmetal metro-homosexual bands try to combine elements of watered down mainstream music with the most superficial elements of metal in a pathetic attempt at being the next big thing in the world of blasphemic modern tv-metal...ahem...Trivium... (this does not include all metalcore bands btw).