Worst trend in Metal

Worst trend in Metal

• Total voters
I'm a picky motherfucker. I love playing metal but for the most part I think 50% of the metal scene is pure junk. 25% borderlines on mass potential without fully realizing it and the other 25% is golden.

Currently my most listened to metal bands from top to bottom
Gojira
Slayer
Lamb of God
Mastodon
Killswitch Engage (new cd is horrifically bad though)
Meshuggah
In Flames
As I lay Dying
ISIS

:lol: you and your mighty metal knowledge and taste...

:lol: you and your mighty metal knowledge and taste...

oh please oh wise one show me the way!

Douche, I've been around the metal scene 15 years already. What you got? Just because that's my current list doesn't mean I don't listen to a vast variety of metal.

Go ahead, begin posting obscure garage band shit that no one knows or cares for besides a handful of people.

Dude, stfu. Cursed-Hand Demonic Orchestra is the greatest Waltz Black Metal group ever.

Douche, I've been around the metal scene 15 years already. What you got? Just because that's my current list doesn't mean I don't listen to a vast variety of metal.

Go ahead, begin posting obscure garage band shit that no one knows or cares for besides a handful of people.

Because popularity = quality ldo.

I listen to plenty of Swedish and/or Old School Death Metal... lots of Brutal Death Metal... Death/Doom, Traditional Doom and lot's of Stoner/Doom and Stoner metal. I dont need to post the names of the bands to prove anything to you... if you've listened to metal for 15 years, and that's the shit you like... you're pretty hopeless.

Because popularity = quality ldo.

Again, no but there needs to be at least a barrier to entry or else I could easily justify any taste or reference I bring forward without any proper validity.

I know these concepts go far beyond heads in this thread but I assure you, outside these walls people get it.

if you've listened to metal for 15 years, and that's the shit you like... you're pretty hopeless.
Um hm, because metal hasn't had a resurgence in the last 8 years or so and many new acts came along with some interesting concepts. Stop being afraid of successful acts, it's ok, they wont ruin your dark satanic mojo.

As you get older you start to appreciate things like song structure, melody and clarity. Wait it out, you'll see.

As you get older you start to appreciate things like song structure, melody and clarity. Wait it out, you'll see.

Oh please tell me the of the superior song structure, melody, and clarity of such godly bands as Lamb of God, Killswitch Engage, and As I Lay Dying, oh Old Wise One Whom Lives on Top of the Mountain.

Oh please tell me the of the superior song structure, melody, and clarity of such godly bands as Lamb of God, Killswitch Engage, and As I Lay Dying, oh Old Wise One Whom Lives on Top of the Mountain.

Really? Really? I know someone like you may thrive on pure technicality and diddle diddle fiddle fiddle all fucking day long but a lot of other people like to delve into the more melodic side of metal or music in general.

Killswitch has proven time and time again (besides this new terrible album) that they are capable of bringing the pain while throwing in clever hooks and catchy patterns into their songs. Same for As I Lay dying, but they are more simplistic and their singer isn't so good.

Lamb of God has very tight playing, superb tone (one of the only real metal bands using the Mark IV) and killer drums. They are a band with a great formula, you may not like it, but they got their own sound.

Things don't always have to be death death death death. Everyone can grunt or blurp their vocals, scream like a girl, or kick in the double bass. Most bands today can really thrash but so what? Where's the chemistry?

Douche, I've been around the metal scene 15 years already.

what a lame fucking line. im so tired of these stupid "my penis is bigger" arguments. youve pretty much proven to everyone youre an ignorant and petty jackass
~gR~

Schwärzung;8383841 said:
:lol: Regardless of whether it's a genre or not, the artists in it are awesome.

Do me a favor. Go to the nearest forest in your area and play Durdkh's autumn aurora. Smoke a joint while you do it helps. If you don't feel mother nature take you by the ears and ravage your nub metal soul into the retched soil and fuse your understanding of everything that is pure with the beauty that is nature. Then you, my lad are a lost being stuck between the frozen ice of ignorance.

I'm a picky motherfucker. I love playing metal but for the most part I think 50% of the metal scene is pure junk. 25% borderlines on mass potential without fully realizing it and the other 25% is golden.

Currently my most listened to metal bands from top to bottom
Gojira
Slayer
Lamb of God
Mastodon
Killswitch Engage (new cd is horrifically bad though)
Meshuggah
In Flames
As I lay Dying
ISIS

:lol: this guy can't be serious. If he is then he obviously has no right to even make such ludicrous statements. I've pretty much heard everything on this list of his and have been listening to metal for only about 6 years. Him? 15! and damn he definitely is well rounded in the suck category that's for sure.