Worst trend in Metal

Worst trend in Metal

• Total voters
:lol: this guy can't be serious. If he is then he obviously has no right to even make such ludicrous statements. I've pretty much heard everything on this list of his and have been listening to metal for only about 6 years. Him? 15! and damn he definitely is well rounded in the suck category that's for sure.

Yeah, it's different when your actually around for things rather than just getting into the scene and looking back at older bands and their catalogue years later.

For example I remember so vividly when KSE first came out with Alive or Just Breathing. The metal scene almost shat itself.

Then everyone and their mothers came out trying to mimic them. I also remember Ashes of The Wake dropping like a ten ton hammer and fucking everyone up.

But now? Yeah, now you'll get some elitist punk ass kid saying "nah man, listen to this fucking band! this shit is so obscure only a few people can truly grasp it's brilliance and therefore you'll look real hardcore!"

Yeah, it's different when your actually around for things rather than just getting into the scene and looking back at older bands and their catalogue years later.

For example I remember so vividly when KSE first came out with Alive or Just Breathing. The metal scene almost shat itself.

Then everyone and their mothers came out trying to mimic them. I also remember Ashes of The Wake dropping like a ten ton hammer and fucking everyone up.

But now? Yeah, now you'll get some elitist punk ass kid saying "nah man, listen to this fucking band! this shit is so obscure only a few people can truly grasp it's brilliance and therefore you'll look real hardcore!"

Just fuck off.

I like Lamb of God and (to a lesser extent) KSE... but you're making fans of these bands look bad you fucking dick-clamp.

Metal is thriving and there are tons of quality acts. Whether or not they're obscure is meaningless. So go pound sand down the eye of your cock.

Folk is pretty gay. Only bands I've heard do it well are Wintersun and Vintersorg.

You can add Empyrium, Ulver and October Falls to that as well.

However, I have hands down the worst ever trend in metal, and it is this:

The current (or as has been for some years now) trend of fucking idiots who listen to Opeth and suddenly proclaim to have an opinion / respectable amount of knowledge about metal as a result. Oh, and coincidently, they also have a somewhat miraculous "random" interest in 70s progressive music, which also leads to them tossing around words like prog in every fucking sentence they write, and given they never listened to any music of a technical or complex nature previously, they also have an incredible talent for musical interpretation because, quite simply, Opeth is the ONLY band making real music, right?

Fucking little nugget cunts. Die already, return to your malls and video arcades.

I voted for hipster metal, hardcore/metalcore, poser bullshit, but i just remembered that the trend i hate the most is when people do the horns to shit like BFMV, Stone Sour, Disturbed, etc.

"Actually looking around for things"? Watching MTV and listening to the radio is not looking around, it's waiting for your music to come to you. It's not an active process at all. Every band you named, save ISIS, receives that kind of publicity.

Actually looking around would entail going to shows of bands you haven't heard, buying albums at record stores, browsing internet archives, looking through your friends' recent buys, etc.

I voted for hipster metal, hardcore/metalcore, poser bullshit, but i just remembered that the trend i hate the most is when people do the horns to shit like BFMV, Stone Sour, Disturbed, etc.

Yeah the horns thing pisses me off too, and in fact I'll go even further and say I hate it for any band, not just nu metal. For me it is a representation of the herd mentality and contrary to the individualism that metal stands for.

"Actually looking around for things"? Watching MTV and listening to the radio is not looking around, it's waiting for your music to come to you. It's not an active process at all. Every band you named, save ISIS, receives that kind of publicity.

Actually looking around would entail going to shows of bands you haven't heard, buying albums at record stores, browsing internet archives, looking through your friends' recent buys, etc.

i wanna point out that isis is incredibly out of place in his list. can someone say "planted"?

"hey, i gotta find an 'obscure' band to add to this list so i have some street cred"
~gR~