Worst type of metal fan?

I agree with Mort's statement regarding Bjork.

I hate metalheads who make themselves out to be tr00 by the way they talk, but listen to upperground bands who write shallow music (most Symphonic BM, most tech death, and other listener-friendly genres)

Black metal fans are terrible. I'm not talking about anyone on this board when I say that, or any writers of zines, webzines, blogs, etc.

I'm talking about people like the fucks who run Gathering of Shadows every year. People like my ex-drummer Kevin who breaks up entire shows because a member of a band isn't white, subsequently getting banned from every bar in town. People who will flock together to keep an immensely talented bassist from joining a band because he's Puerto Rican. People who ruin an entire festival with violence and "sig Heil" bullshit because there are Hawaiian natives having a good time there. People about whom Nachtmystium writes entire blogs just to disassociate with them. The entire reason I refuse to pigeonhole my band as black metal. I don't want to be a part of that scene. Ever.

Sounds like you're talking about NSBM fans, who really are walking contradictions. Varg said it best when he called the guitar a "my pals instrument". If you're going to be such a white racial purist, then don't play metal music because metal is based on the blues and blacks invented the blues.

The TR00 br00t4l kvlt type and the youareaposerforlikingthisbandlikethisinstead type. Being br00t4l isn't an excuse to be a douche.

Sounds like you're talking about NSBM fans, who really are walking contradictions. Varg said it best when he called the guitar a "my pals instrument". If you're going to be such a white racial purist, then don't play metal music because metal is based on the blues and blacks invented the blues.

They really permeate the BM scene here. They provide great support, but give all the bands whose shows they go to a bad name. I think a lot of bands would be doing better here if it weren't for the whole Full Moon Productions crowd. We have tons of quality BM acts in this state that need more attention.

I hate Metalheads who just listen to one genre...Actually they aren't Metalheads to me. Powermetal heads are such pussys.

Pantera, Black Label Society, Slayer, Ozzy fans...Probably the biggest posers and ugly motherfuckers.

Just because they haven't acquired a developed taste in music doesn't give you a reason to hate them?

Also I like Pantera..so I'm a poser and an ugly motherfucker now?

BTW I hate fans of Black Dahlia Murder :rolleyes:

I wasn't saying anyone who enjoys those certain bands but rather the huge crowds at these bands concerts are usually posers who don't know metal past slayer, pantera, ozzy, sabbath, slipknot...

The worst kind of metal fan is the same as the worst kind of fan for any genre - someone close-minded that thinks if they don't listen to it, it must suck, and then acting like a rude fucking asshat to others who don't share their taste.

The worst kind of metal fan is the same as the worst kind of fan for any genre - someone close-minded that thinks if they don't listen to it, it must suck, and then acting like a rude fucking asshat to others who don't share their taste.

I think that's the best answer to the question. Although I have a friend that got into Dream Theater and began to lower himself to musical idiocy thinking that everything sucks compared to Dream Theater... Typical of any hardcore Dream Theater fan tbh... No hate for Dream Theater fans but seriously its annoying.

I think that's the best answer to the question. Although I have a friend that got into Dream Theater and began to lower himself to musical idiocy thinking that everything sucks compared to Dream Theater... Typical of any hardcore Dream Theater fan tbh... No hate for Dream Theater fans but seriously its annoying.

Dream Theater fans can be real annoying. Not people like Ozz but ones that think black metal and death metal sucks.

Somehow this post comes off more aggressive than what may have been intended. Perhaps because of your choice of avatar. I just sort of imagine Silvester saying this while attempting to capture Tweetie for the umptenth time, with that cruel grimace on his face.

"Mwuhaha, close-minded elitist bird take that! It's the last time you criticize me for liking Dimmu Borgir!"

Somehow this post comes off more aggressive than what may have been intended. Perhaps because of your choice of avatar. I just sort of imagine Silvester saying this while attempting to capture Tweetie for the umptenth time, with that cruel grimace on his face.

"Mwuhaha, close-minded elitist bird take that! It's the last time you criticize me for liking Dimmu Borgir!"

:lol: OK. That's an interesting take on it, but OK...