Worst type of metal fan?

"I ONLY LISTEN TO BRUTAL NIHILISTIC DEATH METAL I LISTEN TO NO MUSIC WHICH IS GAY AND ALL POWER METAL IS OBJECTIVELY HOMOSEXUAL AND GAY EXCEPT DRAGONFORCE WHO ARE FUN. I SOMETIMES ALSO LISTEN TO PANTERA, AND EVANESCENCE FROM TIME TO TIME. AMY LEE IS HOT."

and

"OPETH/DREAM THEATER/NEVERMORE/ETC CAN DO NO WRONG. THEY *ARE* ONE OF THE BEST BANDS OF THE PAST FEW YEARS. THIS ALBUM *IS* ONE OF THE BEST ALBUMS THIS YEAR IF NOT THE BEST. IF YOU LIKE METAL YOU NEED THIS ALBUM. THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THESE BANDS IS MASTER OF PUPPETS. BUT METALLICA SOLD OUT WITH LOAD AND SUCK NOW."

Also, I hate Opeth fans that think that Watershed is as good as the rest of their discography. It's just so damn flat. I hate other Opeth fans in general, yeah they're my favorite band, but it's just personal taste, I'm not going to sit here and claim that they're the best band around.

"I ONLY LISTEN TO BRUTAL NIHILISTIC DEATH METAL I LISTEN TO NO MUSIC WHICH IS GAY AND ALL POWER METAL IS OBJECTIVELY HOMOSEXUAL AND GAY EXCEPT DRAGONFORCE WHO ARE FUN. I SOMETIMES ALSO LISTEN TO PANTERA, AND EVANESCENCE FROM TIME TO TIME. AMY LEE IS HOT."

and

"OPETH/DREAM THEATER/NEVERMORE/ETC CAN DO NO WRONG. THEY *ARE* ONE OF THE BEST BANDS OF THE PAST FEW YEARS. THIS ALBUM *IS* ONE OF THE BEST ALBUMS THIS YEAR IF NOT THE BEST. IF YOU LIKE METAL YOU NEED THIS ALBUM. THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THESE BANDS IS MASTER OF PUPPETS. BUT METALLICA SOLD OUT WITH LOAD AND SUCK NOW."

I lol'd

These idiots perhaps?

Slayer_SPIN22.jpg

The ones who see only their fav band as good band and get mad if someone doesn't like them.

also some of black metallers and old-school metallers.

People who listen to more metal bands than the year has days, true sign of posery. There's one particular guy here at UM actually who i've seen namedropping like a motherfucker for a year. The thing is, if you claim to listen to that many bands, i have a hard time seeing how you really listen to them because you enjoy it and not just because you'll be able to mention how obscure the shitbands you listen to are.

People who listen to more metal bands than the year has days, true sign of posery. There's one particular guy here at UM actually who i've seen namedropping like a motherfucker for a year. The thing is, if you claim to listen to that many bands, i have a hard time seeing how you really listen to them because you enjoy it and not just because you'll be able to mention how obscure the shitbands you listen to are.

This. I couldn't imagine spending all that time and money on albums of bands that suck or I don't care about. I'll try something new...but not that ridiculous. Obscurity isn't necessarily good...

I also hate those kids with Slayer shirts that listen to mainstream shit like friggin Slipknot and Lamb of God, yet think they can connect with me because I have on *insert extreme metal band here* shirt on. God damn them.

Also when you can predict every single band to the letter, with only 'acceptable' 'tried and true' things at the front, and a couple of usually mediocre, slightly underground bands at the back:

example:

my favorite bands are: Metallica, Slayer, Black Label Society, Pantera, Iced Earth, Opeth (or you can trade those two in for In Flames, Lacuna Coil)

I agree with this.

1. Opeth fans

2. people who decry elitism in some lame attempt to rationalize their shitty taste

3. Scarf-wearing gaylords who listen to obscure black metal in order to gain indie cred.

It's difficult to judge a person based on their taste in music alone, especially on the internet where we're all kinda one-dimensional. Someone says something, then another cues in: qft, brohein, or something to that extent. Meh. Forced solidarity, so to speak.

And how many of these so called "posers" we pretend not to like, would we be friends with based on their character and not on the amount of [band x] records in their collection? It's true that similar hobbies often bring people together, but differences in taste shouldn't estrange, rather they should encourage us to try something new.

As for people who irritate others by posting blanket statements drenched in superlatives, and what not, well, this simply stems from their inability to state things differently. It's their way to get attention. Actually, we all seek attention by posting. Otherwise, why post at all?