Worst type of metal fan?

We'll, it's true. Rush aside, they single-handedly invented progressive music. To not accept that fact shows an ignorance to the unparalleled skills that each member contains with his respective instrument.

DT didn't single-handedly invent progressive music.

Yes
Van Der Graaf Generator
Wishbone Ash
Camel

bands like that did

Your revisionist history does not change the facts. Whatever shreds of technicality those bands may contain is voided by the fact that they do it with no emotion and thus no true progression. Before James LaBrie there existed only shallow glam singers and cookie monsters in metal.

Best band in the world.

Your revisionist history does not change the facts. Whatever shreds of technicality those bands may contain is voided by the fact that they do it with no emotion and thus no true progression. Before James LaBrie there existed only shallow glam singers and cookie monsters in metal.

Best band in the world.
:lol:

Nice impression there.

Best band in the world.

Oh my :lol:

DT didn't single-handedly invent progressive music.

Of course not. They combine a lot of influences & came up with their signature sound though. While a lot of the older prog bands are great, Dream Theater & Rush are more easy to distinguish from other bands than say Yes or Genesis, at least to me.

Speaking of ICP, I was on this internet dating site and I was messaging this chick and I asked her what type of music she liked and she mentioned 'Dark Carnival' and I haven't messaged her since.