You laugh, you lose

My local news just loves being a negative nancy. I wish there were a news network on tv dedicated to displaying good and interesting news.

308799_10150442731949715_569869714_10435215_1583260660_n.jpg

Fail. Adam and Eve weren't white in the story. Not even close. They're actually more related to some people in Africa than they are to Europeans.

The story comes from Mesopotamia, where the Hebrews are from. Iirc it was a metaphor for the over-farming the early Mesopotamians did that turned some of their lands into deserts. The region was called "Edin." Therefore, Adam and Eve (and the character dropped by the Hebrews, Lilith) were representative of the Mesopotamians that fucked up their land.

I hate seeing white Jesus. I went to a Catholic school and that shit was everywhere. Also, our books for the stations of the cross were racist. There was one picture of a white father and son playing catch while a black man and his son painted their fence. There was another picture of some white kids playing basketball together while a black kid was watching in the background. Seriously. Wtf.

Fuck the idea of race. It just creates unnecessary hate. In first through third grade I had close black friends, but after that, when we were taught about the civil rights movement and presented the idea of race, we separated. It was shit.

Seriously. I've ranted about this before, but the way to get rid of racism is to get rid of the idea of race, not bend over backwards to find little tidbits of information that equalize everyone in the standards used by people to justify slavery. Sure, the Mongols went undefeated until they fought black people, but that doesn't fucking matter. People are people. There hasn't been enough evolution to separate specific "races" (which don't even exist) by nature and intelligence.

What contradiction? You can celebrate diversity without labeling people black, white, etc. A race is not the same thing as an ethnic group. While they are social constructs, they are different. Mexican is an ethnic group, Hispanic is a race. Colombian is a different ethnic group belonging to the same race.

Vimana is correct. Enjoying the different flavors of culture is entirely different than affirmative action type plans, articles on how many minorities hold various types of leadership positions, etc.

Because of the "white is better than black" racism in the United States, people have started thinking that "black is better than white" is somehow not racist. Sigh. I hate race. I don't even know which bubble to fill in on a standardized test.

Edit: Let me reword this: Because of the racism that allowed whites to get more opportunities than blacks, people somehow think it isn't racist to give blacks more opportunities than whites. Yes, they are disproportionately poor, but it's better for schools to use income-based scholarships than race-based. A black student from the same area as me could get into a better college with worse grades than mine because they're black.