Your last purchase??

new earrings (but I'm eating beef jerky right now, so it's ok)
haha...I've been wearing the same damn earring for years now...just a simple silver metal hoop...understated, yet timeless ;)

Recently bought a Western Digital 500GB SATA internal HDD...I had an extra bay inside the puter, and Best Buy had a nice sale ($104) so I jumped on it. So now, between my two internal and two external HDDs, I have a total of 1.33TB of space...though I'm sure that's nothing compared to some of you out there :loco:

I went over to uptown in Minneapolis today and hit up two great record stores. First we went to The Electric Fetus, and then Cheapo. I ended up with:

CD:

Julian Bream- Romantic Guitar

Vinyl:

Yes- Relayer
Yes- Fragile
Rush- A Show of Hands
Holdsworth- Road Games
Kenny Loggins- Keep the Fire (it was 50 cents...why the fuck not?)
Michael McDonald- If That's What it Takes

While I can't deny enjoying some of the stuff on the last two, they are both gifts for a friend. He is a fellow Yacht Rock addict and does an amazing/hilarious Michael McDonald impersonation. I've never laughed as hard in my life as I did the first time I heard him sing James Taylor's "Fire and Rain" in the style of Michael McDonald. After the record stores, I got some killer pizza at some place. Spend about $30 bucks for the day too, so I can't complain too much.

magnatonemp5pic1ak9.jpg

some Vintage tube sound, '66 Magnatone MP-5 head

l_3413f85c960311ddf064e9d40babd9f6.jpg

Kamelot - Ghost Opera, The Second Coming
Symphony X - Paradise Lost (Limited Edition)
Symphony X - The Odyssey (Limited Edition)
Opeth - Still Life Reissue

I bet that cost over $70 at FYE. I absolutely refuse to buy anything from them because they sell it for 2x as much as every other place.

Swabs, is that the new reissue of Still Life?

Yeah, it's amazing, tonnes of incredible new artwork too. The CD case is like a book.

I may have to purchase it then. I love Still Life, but the old version I have really does need some re mastering. It even drops out in places.

BIRDS AND BUILDINGS: Bantam to Behemoth
BUSHWHACK: Bushwhack
CO_CONSPIRATOR: Unknowing
HIDDENPATH: Time Will Tell
MAITREYA: New World Prophecy
NASCENT: Nascent
PHIDEAUX: Doomsday Afternoon
PSYCHOSTATUS: Collapse Of Mind

Ayreon - Human Equation
Ayreon - 01011001

Both absolutely amazing. Ayreon just flat out amaze me.

Non-CD wise...tickets to Liquid Tension Experiment at BBKings :). Can't f***in wait!

And more importantly...my second custom guitar :). Borderline impossible to capture how it really looks, so heres a few pics.

Specs: maple neck w/ AAAA flame maple fretboard, green and chrome mirror inlays (tree of life), korina body with a figured mappa burl top, Dimarzios (Air Norton, Cruiser, Evo 2, coil-tapped), tonepros string thru body bridge, sperzel locking tuners. Absolutely the finest guitar I've ever played, built by a close personal friend who also happens to be a semi-pro luthier :).

vnm7ad.jpg

ddeuk7.jpg

28lrzt2.jpg

Thanks guys for all the nice words :). As you can tell from my forum name, custom guitars are my thing. Here's a few pics of my first one, since people here seem to appreciate seein' em. Please dont quote the post though, pics arent the smallest.

Specs: Jackson DK2 pro Eerie dess swirl body, handmade custom neck - flame maple with a triple color stain on the back, cocobolo fretboard with abalone purfling and custom inlay. Dimarzios - Cruiser / Area 61 / Steve Special, Schaller Floyd Rose, sperzel locking tuners :).

nnmt6o.jpg

30lge1s.jpg

117vexf.jpg

11j3yio.jpg

Yeah nice guitars.. even nicer backdrop. I like special guitars, especially all wood, Im big on the magnificient wonders of wood, trees are such a gift. The way he inlaid the center of your new guitar is sweet! Wood pup rings, rear cover and truss rod cover.... awesome ! I have a thread back aways in the musicians discussion section called Luthier art that linked to old handcrafted archtops if you wanna check it out. Didnt get much reaction here though, probably because they were "ugly" archtops but very unique guitars with amazing wood work and design. Interestingly enough though my "metal" guitars have to be black & red.