Your last purchase??

:lol:

Wow, with that last post in particular, you've proven that you know absolutely jack shit. I can understand the song not being your thing, I accept that. I don't really care either because music is a personal thing, but everything you said re: moonsorrow is flat out ignorant and wrong. I have no time to argue that.

Also, I have to admit that I do think you're at least stricken with a smidgen of downs syndrome for coming on a metal forum and being like "LOL FAG U LIEK PRIEST AND MAIDEN". No shit... you still didn't mention what that has to do with me not liking Circus Maximus... but it doesn't matter because you're a joke. Plain and simple.

I figured you were smart enough to realize that I was insulting Maiden and Priest by stating that because you like them, your opinion about CM was no longer valid. Since you couldn't figure it out, there you go.

It was obviously not a serious thing for me to say because everybody has their own opinion, and that's cool, I was just creating an offense. I also thought I'd try sticking my opinions where they aren't requested like you so often do. Perfect example of this was when you said CM was not great in the first place. Nobody asked... the person you quoted was speaking to myself.

Now, why don't you enlighten me as to why you don't like CM so I can tell you that you know nothing about CM and that you are completely wrong?

I figured you were smart enough to realize that I was insulting Maiden and Priest by stating that because you like them, your opinion about CM was no longer valid.
Again with the bashing. Have you HEARD 70s/80s/90s/00s Priest? Especially 70s and early 80s? Some of the best (and also most original and influential) heavy metal ever written. I realize Zach's being a dick (don't be a penis-toucher, Zach, you know I still love ya), but that's no reason to rip on a sweet band. And remember, I'm one of the ones who likes CM.

Haha, all right. It's all good, guys. Truce has been called. :kickass: to both of you.

I wasn't really intending to personally bash anybody. I was just having a fun battle that turned ugly.

I'll check out some more Priest, Sins, and give them the time they deserve. As for Maiden, I own most of their albums. It's not bad, bad stuff, but I don't find it that great either. I used to love them.

Dude, this might be a sin (especially for a guy in a band like mine), but I agree with you about Maiden. I think a lot of their early stuff totally rocks... but you can only play C, D, E for so long before it gets old. They wrote better music when Paul sang, and Bruce had a great voice. Awesome, but come on. First few albums with Bruce ruled, but after that... eh. I can think of a hundred bands I'd rather listen to.

Do check out some Priest, though. I'm a relative newcomer to the band, so it's not like I'm an authority on them or anything, but there's some seriously impressive music there.

Dude, this might be a sin (especially for a guy in a band like mine), but I agree with you about Maiden. I think a lot of their early stuff totally rocks... but you can only play C, D, E for so long before it gets old. They wrote better music when Paul sang, and Bruce had a great voice. Awesome, but come on. First few albums with Bruce ruled, but after that... eh. I can think of a hundred bands I'd rather listen to.

Do check out some Priest, though. I'm a relative newcomer to the band, so it's not like I'm an authority on them or anything, but there's some seriously impressive music there.

70's Priest rocks...period...it's smart and well written. Sad Wings of Destiny(one of my top 10 all time), Sin After Sin and Stained Class are absolute gems...after that, they got corny.

I love Maiden with DiAnno...Killers is one of my all time favorites, as well, and their ST was ahead of its time. The only album I can stomach with Bruce is Powerslave. Piece of Mind has some great tunes, but lots of filler. I never cared for Number of the Beast.

It looks as though I'm not the only one who finds the later Maiden and Priest discs rather weak...

BTW.... Pain of Salvation's 1st 4 discs are better then any of the early Maiden and Priest...

I wasn't really intending to personally bash anybody. I was just having a fun battle that turned ugly.

Haha.... trust me, I've been in my fair share of internet bitchfights. THAT wasn't ugly at all :D Disagreements were made, a few minor personal attacks, nothing big. Plus we're both apparently enough of adults to step back and have a laugh :lol:

70's Priest rocks...period...it's smart and well written. Sad Wings of Destiny(one of my top 10 all time), Sin After Sin and Stained Class are absolute gems...after that, they got corny.

I love Maiden with DiAnno...Killers is one of my all time favorites, as well, and their ST was ahead of its time. The only album I can stomach with Bruce is Powerslave. Piece of Mind has some great tunes, but lots of filler. I never cared for Number of the Beast.

Don't forget Rocka Rolla... there are some fantastic tracks on that. Run of the Mill? Fuck yeah. Also, I agree that DiAnno was the superior singer for that band, though they became something much different musically after his departure. I don't think DiAnno would sound very good on Bruce era stuff, just as Bruce can't really pull off Paul's work.

I would disagree that either band got particularly bad. Priest still has some great 80's stuff (Point of Entry, etc.) but calling it cheesy is fair... just not necessarily a negative thing :D

Maiden was useful through Seventh Son, and though hardly any Bruce era album is great from front to back with every song being amazing, I personally think there's far more good than bad on those albums. No Prayer on might as well not exist, with the exception of Brave New World which is (in my opinion) a very strong comeback for Bruce.

How do you compare Pain of Salvation discs to releases from 30 years ago by the guys who defined the genre?

Y'just can't. That's like saying "Man, the new Opeth album destroy's Morbid Angel's "Altars of Madness". It's just apples and oranges.

Right Zach...cheesy isn't necessarily bad...there's still tons of great Priest tracks on the other releases, they just fed into the "metal" thing and aren't as lyrically poignant or musically inventive.

It's actually ironic that they were one of the strongest contributors to defining the genre, yet applying themselves to it actually made them a weaker band.

There's lot's of great Bruce tracks...the stuff with DiAnno was special...they had a very new sound for the time. Almost like a heavier, meaner Thin Lizzy with a touch of punk thrown in.

A new shirt:

sopshirt.jpg

or like myself, some of the time... alot of the time, the newer the music the more it lacks... something I dont have the words for.

I tried Moonsorrow, they sang in the wrong language... and my dated hardware couldnt adapt.... lol
CM is excellent... but theirs a problem thats overly obvious, still like it though.
Maiden is always good for me, whatever recording it is, when Im in a Maiden mood, I like Dance of Death, Fear of the Dark, ect. no problem
My Priest library still suffers for no apparent reason, I guess all my friends had it so I never bothered. Burnin Up is amounst my favorite songs

My last CD purchase was Presence because it was there and I wanted to hear it again, still like it, I also bought the last Alterbridge CD... prepares for fallout... doesnt care. Im actually a bit burned out on metal listening at this time. Hate to say it but on several occasions over the past few months I have tried a run at my SX CD's and just wasnt into it... I think I ran them into the ground. Current run of discs in the shop stereo is three Disturbed CD's and Trower on my computer.

Right Zach...cheesy isn't necessarily bad...there's still tons of great Priest tracks on the other releases, they just fed into the "metal" thing and aren't as lyrically poignant or musically inventive.

It's actually ironic that they were one of the strongest contributors to defining the genre, yet applying themselves to it actually made them a weaker band.QUOTE]

That last point was a great observation, and totally true. Too bad halford couldn't save the songwriting with Angel of Retribution, and I honestly hold little hope for the new one. Not to say there's nothing worth hearing on there, but honestly.... too much other stuff worth absorbing to waste my time with mediocrity.

Spawn of Possession? Shit, my death metal logo reading is getting rusty. :erk:

My last CD purchase was Presence because it was there and I wanted to hear it again, still like it, I also bought the last Alterbridge CD... prepares for fallout... doesnt care. Im actually a bit burned out on metal listening at this time. Hate to say it but on several occasions over the past few months I have tried a run at my SX CD's and just wasnt into it... I think I ran them into the ground. Current run of discs in the shop stereo is three Disturbed CD's and Trower on my computer.

At least you admit Disturbed isn't metal :p

But seriously, I think we all go through our "non-metal" phases. There have been many times where i've reached a burnout point and just want to lsiten to nick cave, antimatter, townes van zandt... then when the metal mood strikes me again, it's way more ferocious :headbang:

At least you admit Disturbed isn't metal :p

you prick... you got me. Actually I feel Disturbed is very much metal, its just more straight forward groove oriented, my drummers always been into them so he loaded me up. I suppose I should have said I was burnt out on progressive metal currently. Still listen to my old progressive rock and jazz a bit lately though. I think I just needed to step away from the chaos of progressive metal or as I said, just over listenend to it.

Eyein up some Iced earth on ebay Zach if you want to tell me ONCE AGAIN which two to start with. You dont have to give the full review again, you've been through that a few times... lol. Just give me two must haves. Horror Show right ? and what else ?

you prick... you got me. Actually I feel Disturbed is very much metal, its just more straight forward groove oriented, my drummers always been into them so he loaded me up. I suppose I should have said I was burnt out on progressive metal currently. Still listen to my old progressive rock and jazz a bit lately though. I think I just needed to step away from the chaos of progressive metal or as I said, just over listenend to it.

Eyein up some Iced earth on ebay Zach if you want to tell me ONCE AGAIN which two to start with. You dont have to give the full review again, you've been through that a few times... lol. Just give me two must haves. Horror Show right ? and what else ?

There are a few that I personally enjoy. Horror Show and Burnt Offerings for Barlow era (widly considered their best singer) and Night of the Stormrider for what i feel is their best overall album. A lot of folks will recommend Dark Saga as well, and I can't argue that, but i prefer the other two myself.