Your last purchase??

I actually just stole the new album via intarwebz. Loading it up on my mp3 player to listen to at work... i've heard promising things.

I didn't like GR though. Deliverance owned fucking balls though.

As I have said before, GR is one of my top 15 albums ever made. I even woke up with Beneath the Mire stuck in my head this morning. Per Wiberg really added a whole new dimension to their sound. I'm glad he joined them.

Deliverance is finally starting to grow on me after a few years. It was a bit rough at first for my frail virgin ears to take in at first, but I have been going back to it a lot lately.

I'm going to stop into Best Buy June 3rd and pick up Watershed. From what I have heard so far it sounds like it may resemble their earlier stuff.

Here is another statement that sails right over my head...

"smokes large balls" means what? I thought that you were in college studying electronic engineering but the constant childish comments you keep making out here gives the impression that you're still in HS...

Hävitetty is a good disc but I find that I have to be in the mood for that type of stuff which doesn't happen very often...
Actually I graduated college last year. Loosen up. I know that there is a time to be serious and a time to not be.

No ken, being a college graduate means you can never use dumb phrases ever again in your life. Ever. Under any circumstances. No fun either.

Noble: Yeah, i just couldn't get into GR at all. I don't know why, it just kind of pissed me off when i listened to a few tracks (and i did listen to them). In fact, i had the album for a year before I even opened it, having heard some stuff from a friend's copy.

However, I'm pretty excited for watershed since i've heard rave reviews from longtime fans who also weren't as into GR but love most of their other albums... i've heard that assessment from TONS of people, so I'm probably gonna drop the kids off at the pool then start rockin' the new 'peth. And since I think everyone cares, i'm sure i'll write my thoughts on it when i'm done.

I actually just stole the new album via intarwebz. Loading it up on my mp3 player to listen to at work... i've heard promising things.

I tried and tried to warm up to them, but never could. Just when I thought I was there, I'd say to myself...if it takes this much work to try to enjoy this music, it just isn't worth it.

Got my mjolnir and chaos star pendants in the mail.

sbag-mjolnirsmight1_l.jpg

sbag-amuletchaostium1_l.jpg

I want to get a more traditional mjolnir soon, but this is pretty cool in a kind of cheesy way.

I love GR, it took me ages to get (I finally got it about a week or 2 ago), but I haven't stopped listening to it since...

As I have said before, GR is one of my top 15 albums ever made. I even woke up with Beneath the Mire stuck in my head this morning. Per Wiberg really added a whole new dimension to their sound. I'm glad he joined them.

Deliverance is finally starting to grow on me after a few years. It was a bit rough at first for my frail virgin ears to take in at first, but I have been going back to it a lot lately.

I'm going to stop into Best Buy June 3rd and pick up Watershed. From what I have heard so far it sounds like it may resemble their earlier stuff.

Yeah the addition of Per is such an awesome one! I'm pre-ordering Watershed, the songs on their myspace sound amazing! :D

As cool as that chaos one is... it looks like bad experience waiting to happen.

Anyways:
opethtix.jpg

:headbang: Can't wait for the Adelaide show...

betcha ain't older than me.
Betcha I am.
Things that happened the year I was born...
- your President was still Dwight D Eisenhower, but not for very long,
- JFK moved into the White House,
- Sydney's tram service shuts down,
- Alan Shepard diddlybops around in space,
- construction of the Berlin Wall begins,
- F1 driver Wolfgang von Trips crashes, killing 14 spectators and himself,
- the death penalty is abolished in New Zealand,
- The Fantastic Four #1 debuts,
People who are as ancient as me...
- Wayne Gretzky
- Henry Rollins
- Camryn Manheim
- Christopher Meloni
- Eddie Murphy
- George Clooney
- Tom Araya
- Michael J. Fox
- Barack Obama
- Dave Mustaine

Betcha I am.
Things that happened the year I was born...
- your President was still Dwight D Eisenhower, but not for very long,
- JFK moved into the White House,
- Sydney's tram service shuts down,
- Alan Shepard diddlybops around in space,
- construction of the Berlin Wall begins,
- F1 driver Wolfgang von Trips crashes, killing 14 spectators and himself,
- the death penalty is abolished in New Zealand,
- The Fantastic Four #1 debuts,
People who are as ancient as me...
- Wayne Gretzky
- Henry Rollins
- Camryn Manheim
- Christopher Meloni
- Eddie Murphy
- George Clooney
- Tom Araya
- Michael J. Fox
- Barack Obama
- Dave Mustaine

you got me beat.

I just bought Opeth tix too, yay!!!!!

As for watershed... i gave in and dl'ed it... no i wouldn't say it resembles earlier stuff really, except maybe a few riffs and maybe the song heir apparent. it is still very proggy, and most songs are clean, but i think it feels more 'opeth' than GR did.. and some of the songs on the new album just kill me! beautiful.. im raving about it being awesome, BUT don't think it's like earlier albums such as MAYH,Still Life, BWP etc. coz it's just not.. but it's still a great album IMO..