Your last purchase??

My last purchases would be these.

PraisestotheWarrelmachine.png

Arsisshirt.png

I just bought Opeth tix too, yay!!!!!

As for watershed... i gave in and dl'ed it... no i wouldn't say it resembles earlier stuff really, except maybe a few riffs and maybe the song heir apparent. it is still very proggy, and most songs are clean, but i think it feels more 'opeth' than GR did.. and some of the songs on the new album just kill me! beautiful.. im raving about it being awesome, BUT don't think it's like earlier albums such as MAYH,Still Life, BWP etc. coz it's just not.. but it's still a great album IMO..

Only like 2 more days now, so I'm gonna hold out and buy the album unheard, but I'm so looking forwards to it...

Which tickets did you get, Melbourne show?

^

The main attraction of BG has to be their live shows. But that video is of one of the best songs from the NiME album.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brilliant album. This band is actually new to me and I'm quite taken with them. I find them so original and unique. I really dig the singer. They can't really be lumped into any genre. I think my next album will be Imagination from the Other Side, but maybe swabs can give me some additional suggestions.

'Imaginations from The Other Side' and 'Somewhere Far Beyond' Are pretty much the "must haves" along with NiME. However I would also advise getting 'A Night at The Opera' for more of their orchestral/newer sound.

I enjoyed their latest album 'A Twist in the Myth' a lot too. But that should only be considered after listening to the earlier albums, as although it's good. It's very much a departure from the typical "Blind Guardian sound".

But if you don't want to spend that much money on CDs, then buying 'Blind Guardian - Live' is the best way of getting a good representation of all their best work, and it's imo the greatest live album I've ever heard :lol:

I honestly thoguht A Twist in the Myth was just a steaming pile. Really, really terrible departure from what made them awesome.

Thankfully though, judging by the song clip in that trailer for Sacred 2, they've gone back to awesome.

@razoredge:

If you have any doubts about Hansi Kürsch's vocals, try this out.

One of my favourite vocal performances from him is in the song "The Elder" but alas it's not on Youtube.

Last edited by a moderator:
Theres no doubt he can sing, his tone is kinda like ??? really old school or traditional at times, like old pre war B&W movies... maybe Al Jolson. I'm not meaning to be critical but not adapting well, this is also what I remember thinking when I sampled them. I'll still buy Middle Earth sometime, its like a epic classic correct ?

Pretty much just epic Power Metal with Orchestral bits. Whatever it is, it's brilliant.

I know what the guy means about his voice. It's not his singing ability, but rather the tone of his voice. Tone is the way his voice sounds and is something he can't really change. I dig it, but I can see why many ppl wouldn't.