Your last purchase??

Yeah, I'd heard about the thing in the booklet (not what it was, just that it was something)....I got tied up with FAFSA stuff :)bah:) when I got home and didn't have much time to give it a solid listening or look through the booklet much. If you're implying that the code has something to do with ripping the bonus tracks, I'll take a further look at that. If not and you still wouldn't mind helping me out, it'd be much appreciated.

RE: LOTR - it's well worth getting past the boring bits and getting into it, but at the same time if you dont learn to love those parts you may never love it as a whole, because Tolkien's main strength is the boring bits.. don't think the book is like peter jacksons rendition, it's not. i think tolkien isnt that good at the battle scenes, mostly just the discussions.. it's more his ideas and the world he created that earned his reputation..

Well there's a few pretty important points to make about The Children of Húrin for anyone who hasn't (or has, actually) read The Silmarillion.

* This is an easier read than The Silmarillion.
* It is a greatly expanded version of Chapter XXI of The Silmarillion, "Of Túrin Turambar", BUT...
* Reading The Silmarillion is not necessary.
* It is told in a narrative voice.
* The narrative voice falls somewhere in between The Silmarillion and LOTR in style.
* Húrin is a great hero amongst men.
* His son, Túrin, is whom this story is chiefly about. His daughter Nienor makes a late, but significant, appearance. Significant enough for this book to be called The Children of Húrin.
* You will recognize a few names from LOTR, but don't look for furry-footed Hobbits. A Balrog makes a brief appearance, as does a dragon.
* Unlike some posthumous publications of Tolkien's, there is only one footnote in the entire narrative, and it doesn't interrupt the flow of the story. It's inclusion wasn't necessary, but the information was nice to know.
* There is an Index of Names at the back of the book to help the reader keep track of who is who.
* As always, a well detailed map is included.
* Read the Introduction. Christopher Tolkien does a wonderful job preparing the reader who hasn't read The Silmarillion for what is to follow.

It's definately worth buying it imo. As with The Silmarillion it certainly has a much darker and sinister feeling than the LOTR series... And if you're a Blind Guardian fan then that makes it a little more special as well :lol:

I just placed this order...

ANCIENT CREATION: Evolution Bound
CWN ANNWN: Blood of the Djinn
DIVISION BY ZERO: Tyranny of Therapy
HELMET OF GNATS: Helmet Of Gnats
LITTLE ATLAS: Hollow
MOONLIGHT AGONY: Echoes of a Nightmare
PHIDEAUX: Ghost Story
PHIDEAUX: The Great Leap
PRAVDA: Walking Through Walls
THIEVES' KITCHEN: The Water Road
KENNY WEYDENER: Primal Sophistication

I have had the new Thieves' Kitchen album in the cart and ready to order 3 separate times from laser CD and I couldn't manage to order it. I'm just too broke and cheap. I have heard nothing but excellent things about it since it came out.

If ever you chance upon Sigilus on KGS, play and obliterate me. I'd love to improve.
Haha, I actually don't play too often, so I'm really not that great. I'd love to get better, but I just don't really have the time...

Maybe someday.

I have had the new Thieves' Kitchen album in the cart and ready to order 3 separate times from laser CD and I couldn't manage to order it. I'm just too broke and cheap. I have heard nothing but excellent things about it since it came out.

Do you know anything about their other discs?

This place had a few more but I selected this one due to reading some great reviews...

Do you know anything about their other discs?

This place had a few more but I selected this one due to reading some great reviews...

I know that the newest one has the strongest emphasis on organic sounds. Real mellotrons, flutes, acoustic drums (Electric where used for the earlier albums.) etc. I have heard that their newest one is the best, though. I'm not very familiar with the older stuff.

Damn, I wish I had money to spend. Does anyone need a kidney, piece of liver or some bone marrow? Blood type A. Perhaps a sperm donation?

I just bought a 3 pack of strings

A 500k tone pot for the X2N i'm about to buy.

And a set of 3mm Dunlop Big Stubbies (which are the full sized, not the little ones). They feel like training picks but are the most awesome pick ever.

i forgot.. did i mention that i recently bought verisakeet??? if not, then yes.. yes i did.. finally!!! if i have already mentioned it somewhere, well im sorry.. just thought id share it again :)

also i bought a couple of books in the sword of truth series.. no where near as great as martin, it's cheesy as fuck, and the main character is a total tool haha.. but its entertaining so i don't mind it.. i just ignore the flaws.. flaws that i probably would never even have noticed if it weren't for the brilliance of GRRM.. *shakes fist*

All right, Lord of the Rings talk! This has been my favorite book for years now. I think Silent Realm was right about the 'boring' parts (what the hell, you're totally beautiful, by the way) - those are my favorite parts, actually. Although I think Tolkien was good at the battle scenes. The way he wrote them reminds me very much of old epic literature. I'm rereading it now, and today I was totally getting goosebumps at the description of the Ride of the Rohirrim and the Battle of the Pelennor Field. @_@ But the parts with long discussions... no matter how may times I read it, I always feel like I get a little bit more out of it. Just a great, great book.

^ Haha, so your location is Lost in the Twilight Hall and mine is Somewhere Far Beyond :lol:

Amplifier - Insider
Sellisternium - Fury
Canvas Solaris - The Atomized Dream
Amon Duul II - Yeti
Amon Duul II - Wolf City
Amaseffer - Slaves For Life
Alpha Galates - A Stimulus for a Reason