Your last purchase??

homo.... Ive seen you drive, and been in a car with you. You should probably go for something alot less expensive and that is indestrucible!

EXAMPLE: "Look at this awesome lane change, i'm going to drive straight and I will change lanes watch this"

*ordering mcdonalds rips out of the drive-thru* me:"Dude you forgot the food" U: "oh shit" *puts the shit box in reverse almost fucking ripping off his mirror and god knows what else he would have managed to do!*

Haha, that was awesome-times. I don't consider a '96 Bonneville with 200,000 km, and no heating a shit box. It's more of a classic.

Spiral Architect - A Sceptic's Universe. I got it after reading some stuff people were posting on here. Christ... bleedin awesome!! :worship:

yeah! Killer album, one of my all time favourites!

I just placed an order for this lot:

Alex Machacek (w/Jeff Sipe & Neal Fountain)- The Official Triangle Sessions (Live)
Alex Skolnick Trio- Goodbye To Romance
Alex Skolnick Trio- Transformation
Allan Holdsworth- The Sixteen Men Of Tain
Jonas Hellborg (w/Shawn Lane & Kofi Baker)- Abstract Logic
Jonas Hellborg- Kali's Son
Tribal Tech- Face First

:cool:

Needed some new basketball shoes :)

57633101_w.jpg

yeah! Killer album, one of my all time favourites!

I just placed an order for this lot:

Alex Machacek (w/Jeff Sipe & Neal Fountain)- The Official Triangle Sessions (Live)
Alex Skolnick Trio- Goodbye To Romance
Alex Skolnick Trio- Transformation
Allan Holdsworth- The Sixteen Men Of Tain
Jonas Hellborg (w/Shawn Lane & Kofi Baker)- Abstract Logic
Jonas Hellborg- Kali's Son
Tribal Tech- Face First

:cool:

I lost respect for Skolnick after seeing him live with Uli Jon Roth...absolutely zero improv skills which is odd for a guy now playing jazz.

Maybe he just had a really bad night. I'll have to look a little closer into the Trio stuff...let me know what you think of it.

So... I'm thinking of getting something by Freak Kitchen. There's a few albums available, so which one should I get first, given that I haven't heard any yet? Recommendations anyone? :)

So... I'm thinking of getting something by Freak Kitchen. There's a few albums available, so which one should I get first, given that I haven't heard any yet? Recommendations anyone? :)

My own reccomendations are below, in order. I love everything they put out, but Organic took a while for me to get my ears around. I thought the songwriting on Move was a little snappier, both lyrically & musically. I have since embraced Organic as a decent effort, but I still wouldn't recommend it as a starting point. Same with the S/T. It's very different from the 2 previous records, more of a zappa vibe lyrically & musically. That scores buckets of points with me. The new disc comes out in Aug/Sept of 2009. Land of The Freaks is going to kick tons of ass. I got to sample some the last time they were in the states. Very primitive stages, but VERY kickass. So, below is my ranking of the FK cds, and my recs on what new fans to the band might enjoy. As always, this is strictly MHFO, & YMMV....

Faves:
Dead Soul Men, Move, Spanking Hour, Appetizer S/t, Organic

Recs: Move, Dead Soul Men, Spanking Hour, Appetizer, S/T, Organic

Edit: There are only 2 cds out with the current band, Move & Organic. Different drummer & bass player on the rest, but ALL are good!!!

My personal favorite is Move.

My own reccomendations are below, in order. I love everything they put out, but Organic took a while for me to get my ears around. I thought the songwriting on Move was a little snappier, both lyrically & musically. I have since embraced Organic as a decent effort, but I still wouldn't recommend it as a starting point. Same with the S/T. It's very different from the 2 previous records, more of a zappa vibe lyrically & musically. That scores buckets of points with me. The new disc comes out in Aug/Sept of 2009. Land of The Freaks is going to kick tons of ass. I got to sample some the last time they were in the states. Very primitive stages, but VERY kickass. So, below is my ranking of the FK cds, and my recs on what new fans to the band might enjoy. As always, this is strictly MHFO, & YMMV....

Faves:
Dead Soul Men, Move, Spanking Hour, Appetizer S/t, Organic

Recs: Move, Dead Soul Men, Spanking Hour, Appetizer, S/T, Organic

Edit: There are only 2 cds out with the current band, Move & Organic. Different drummer & bass player on the rest, but ALL are good!!!

Thankyou gentlemen!! It looks like Move will be my first. :)