Your last purchase??

PoS Road Salt One

As previously posted by myself in another forum:

"WtF?!!

Argh... why, Gildenlow? This music in comparison to your previous material is just... terrible. Honestly, it hurts me to say this, but this album is about 75% useless.
There are a select few tracks that are decent, and one track (Sisters) that I love.
The production is beyond ridiculous (I know they recorded the entire band at one time to "capture" that musicianship feeling, but it sounds like trash. UGH.
I find it even worse that this is part 1... I hope part 2 is a massive departure, like Scarsick was, but in a good way this time.

/rant."

:cry:

My reaction was quite the opposite. It's one of the best things they've ever done lately.

Prog fans will despise it, but those who are into blues will find something tasty.

Resistor - Rise
Seamus - Zealotry Sterblichen Schizophrenia
TEE - The Earth Explorer
Kotebel - Ouroboros
Kotebel - Omphalos
Enneade - Remembrance
October Equus - same

My reaction was quite the opposite. It's one of the best things they've ever done lately.

Prog fans will despise it, but those who are into blues will find something tasty.

I can appreciate a good blues tune (for example, I like the second/or third track on the album... can't remember which track it is, but it's pretty rocky blues), but overall, I am indeed a proghead, and this album is missing way too much for me.

^
Half those songs are on Hindsight too. I hate to say it but I expected more from them...

Eh? Hindsight was a "best of" album, there was only 1 new song on it (unless there was a bonus track edition that I don't have).

I saw one review that described it as an album of two halves, which is definitely true. The first half is the same song from A Natural Disaster repeated 5 times, and the second half is just meh...

Okay, well 3 or 4 of the tracks which were on Hindsight and We're Here were released before either album, like in 2006. Great songs, but I had hoped there would be MORE and not just re-release them 3 times.

A Natural Disaster was a masterpiece. I think they're having difficulty topping it, especially with their new happy direction.