Your last purchase??

Given it a listen yet? What do you think?
I enjoyed it very much. What I liked most from the first listen was how well it flowed - the transitions are perfect, not quite what you expect but at the same time they fit. They keyboard really helps in making that work - not to downplay the other members at all but the keys were what really blew me away. It's cool, the shifts come more from the sounds and atmosphere than the meter which is what I am most used to hearing in prog metal. Other than that I'll have to give it some more listening to get a handle on specific things I like.

Comparing this to Age of Silence's Acceleration (which I have been admiring for a few months), I can tell that they took a lot of cues from this album. Good shit, but I'm not sure if I like it more than Sideshow Symphonies. I'll let them both age a bit.

I agree, the keys make a lot for the album. I find new details every listen, but I guess most of Arcturus' albums work like that.

Glad you enjoy it, the world need more Arcturus fans so they might one day reunite :p

Oh yeah I forgot I bought the new Evergrey a little before those I just listed above. Kinda forgot about it since it isn't too great. It is ok but prob their worst album imo.

you enjoy their first two albums more? i can honestly say that i prefer listening to torn than any other of their albums but that's just because i listened to them 512341 times

med_185135.jpg

it was quite cheap so I ordered it. fun times ahead!
(midi keyboard)

EVERSIN - Divina Distopia
ESTRADASPHERE - Palace Of Mirrors
ESTRADASPHERE - Palace of Mirrors LIVE DVD
MADE OUT OF BABIES - The Ruiner
NOVEMBERS DOOM - The Novella Reservoir
STOLEN BABIES - There Be Squabbles Ahead
MANTRIC - The Descent

Dropped a couple bills on a beer haul during my trip to Colorado:

Dogfish Head - Black & Blue, 120-Minute IPA, Worldwide Stout, 90-Minute IPA
Victory - Golden Monkey, Twelve
Left Hand - Chainsaw Ale
Stone - Firestone Walker-21st Amendment El Camino Un(Real) Black Ale
Russian River - Damnation
Bear Republic - Racer 5 IPA, Hop Rod Rye
Green Flash - Le Freak, Trippel
Sam Adams - New World Tripel
Allagash - Dubbel Reserve
Kasteel - Triple
Lagunitas - Hop Stoopid
The Lost Abbey - Judgment Day

Division By Zero - Independent Harmony
Disperse - Journey Through The Hidden Gardens
Oxtet, The - The Oxtet
Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy
Bubu - Anabelas
Schicke Fuhrs Frohling - Symphonic Pictures (2CD)
Periphery - Periphery