Your last purchase??

Yeah nice guitars.. even nicer backdrop. I like special guitars, especially all wood, Im big on the magnificient wonders of wood, trees are such a gift. The way he inlaid the center of your new guitar is sweet! Wood pup rings, rear cover and truss rod cover.... awesome ! I have a thread back aways in the musicians discussion section called Luthier art that linked to old handcrafted archtops if you wanna check it out. Didnt get much reaction here though, probably because they were "ugly" archtops but very unique guitars with amazing wood work and design. Interestingly enough though my "metal" guitars have to be black & red.

Inlaid the center? What exactly do ya mean, are you talking about the top? Thanks for the nice words! I thought the all-wood thing would end up looking awesome and I think it definitely surpassed my expectations. Not a drop of paint on this entire thing!

Bought this shirt, and wore it, at the Paganfest gig on Monday (hence the rather messy condition).

For those who don't know, Paganfest = Ensiferum, Korpiklaani, Moonsorrow, Tyr and Eluveitie

040908110551.jpg

040908110625.jpg

Also managed to pick this up on the way home.
arsis.jpg

Inlaid the center? What exactly do ya mean, are you talking about the top? Thanks for the nice words! I thought the all-wood thing would end up looking awesome and I think it definitely surpassed my expectations. Not a drop of paint on this entire thing!

yea, that top looks like it is laid in, but I suppose its the way he has it shaved down

he didnt put the Strat bevel relief on the upper back side though, since I've had my Strat style body I find axes without these front and rear bevels the comparitive equavilent to sleeping on the floor.

Ah, well the body is a carve top. And as for the body cuts and stuff, this is by far the most comfy guitar I've ever played, so I dont have that problem lol. Weighs under 7 lbs too ;).

Well its one sweet looking axe so tell your buddy this old woodsman really appreaciates his work. I've been comtemplating what native grown NE American woods would make great solid bodies, without all this "exotic" import wood. Figured wood is hard to come by though. I have some curly soft (red) maple, the hickories are beautiful, so is white oak especially sawn on the quarter, but hickory and oak is heavy. Then theres Cherry and Black & Yellow Birch. We have plenty of ash and basswood but that calls for paint and basswood is soft, I have a hard time believeing the bridge studs do not eventually tip on a basswood body.

My Grandfather and I made a beautiful solid body with attached neck out of native 30 year old birdseye back in the 70's. But I blew the fret spacing of the fretboard, sent it to a luthier to have him make a new board for it from a piece of curly we had with ebony rectangle inlays and fretboard binding. I still have the laminated walnut rear cover and truss rod cover I made and all the Gibson hardware & electronics, one solid strip of six Grovers. I was fresh out of school and poorer than poor and never got back to finish paying for his work. He did recieve 75 of the 150 but I never got back around. Talk about stupid. No idea where it is today.

Bought these this morning:

EVENT: NHL 2008 Playoffs - Game B
April 10, 2008, 7:00 PM
SEATS: Section 205, Row 14, Seats 1, 2
TOTAL TICKETS: 2
PRICE: WayTooDamnMuchYetWorthEveryCent ;)

Go Sharks :)

Well its one sweet looking axe so tell your buddy this old woodsman really appreaciates his work. I've been comtemplating what native grown NE American woods would make great solid bodies, without all this "exotic" import wood. Figured wood is hard to come by though. I have some curly soft (red) maple, the hickories are beautiful, so is white oak especially sawn on the quarter, but hickory and oak is heavy. Then theres Cherry and Black & Yellow Birch. We have plenty of ash and basswood but that calls for paint and basswood is soft, I have a hard time believeing the bridge studs do not eventually tip on a basswood body.

My Grandfather and I made a beautiful solid body with attached neck out of native 30 year old birdseye back in the 70's. But I blew the fret spacing of the fretboard, sent it to a luthier to have him make a new board for it from a piece of curly we had with ebony rectangle inlays and fretboard binding. I still have the laminated walnut rear cover and truss rod cover I made and all the Gibson hardware & electronics, one solid strip of six Grovers. I was fresh out of school and poorer than poor and never got back to finish paying for his work. He did recieve 75 of the 150 but I never got back around. Talk about stupid. No idea where it is today.

Yikes man, thats a bummer. I'll pass on the kind words to my luthier though. Everyone who's seen the guitar in person has been stunned, which is just the reaction we were goin' for. As for body woods, for me korina just sounds incredible. The burl on top was just a cosmetic addition, and its flawlessly bookmatched. It always bothers me when figured woods arent bookmatched..

It's just ridiculous to me that guitars like Carvin and PRS often don't have bookmatched tops. That's why i ended up going custom...cuz i couldnt find a guitar that appealed to me at the price I wanted to pay. In reality I think i got a lot more than I paid for with these two guitars.

PRS and Fender are the most overpriced guitars on the market. So much get away with just cause they're a big name.

in other news, the Keyboard I ordered LAST WEEK was shipped TODAY. Positive feedback if it's spotless when it arrives, but he's definitely getting a fuckin 1 star shipping rating.

PRS and Fender are the most overpriced guitars on the market. So much get away with just cause they're a big name.

in other news, the Keyboard I ordered LAST WEEK was shipped TODAY. Positive feedback if it's spotless when it arrives, but he's definitely getting a fuckin 1 star shipping rating.

I honestly feel Gibson is the biggest rip off in guitars...they offer very little as far as features and I'm never really impressed with the workmanship for the amount of money they ask. I would never buy one again.

Yeah, Fender isn't bad at all when you compare to how Gibson is these days. When you're charging 3000 dollars for a les paul, I suppose it can be difficult to count money and keep an eye on quality control.

I honestly feel Gibson is the biggest rip off in guitars...they offer very little as far as features and I'm never really impressed with the workmanship for the amount of money they ask. I would never buy one again.

Agreed, for years all I wanted was my own left handed Les Paul, today I dont even dream of one... not interested, of course the $2500 doesnt help, nor the lack of a Floyd, nor the lack of single coils, or the fact that they weight .2 ton, nor the fact that they dont have tapered back to keep from poking my ribs. Great action though. If I had it I'd put up the 1200 or what ever it is for a left handed American Strat for playin my blues, you can get the sound cheaper but I'd pay the extra for the real McCoy

Yeah, Fender isn't bad at all when you compare to how Gibson is these days. When you're charging 3000 dollars for a les paul, I suppose it can be difficult to count money and keep an eye on quality control.

I so despise that company...their prices make me puke...and for what? Theres nothing going on there but the same old rehashed designs...I've seen Korean instruments for a quarter of the price with much better features and quality. I'd buy an LTD EC-1000 over a Gibson Les Paul anyday.

I rarely buy new instruments...I like to find ebay deals...I'm always looking for something out of the ordinary. I think if I were to go with a brand new instrument, I'd place a custom Carvin order...I'd definitely give them a whirl...I love my old Carvin DC200.