Your last purchase??

fl.jpg

Bought simply because 1: The artwork looked epic, 2: The name "Fairyland" made me laugh, a lot. Turns out it's a pretty good album so yeah, impulse buys ftw :p

Nightrage-Wearing a Martyr's Crown

This fourth album returns to an old school melodeath sound like their first two albums. Their third/previous album started to sound more like metalcore due to a new vocalist; however, that vocalist is gone and they are back on track. Some are saying that this album is as good as the debut "Sweet Vengeance".

Eluveitie-Evocation I: The Arcane Dominion

All acoustic concept album. I put off getting this before because it doesn't have their normal metalized celtic sound; however, it is nice to listen to sometimes for a little change of pace.

Recently went on a holiday to Adelaide and picked up these while I was there

Porcupine Tree - Fear Of A Blank Planet
G3 - With Eric Johnson
Amorphis - Silent Waters
Iced Earth - Overture Of The Wicked
Wolves In The Throne Room - Black Cascade
Opeth - Deliverance
Bloodbath - The Fathomless Mastery
Ulver - Shadows Of The Sun
Sigur Ros - Hvart/Heim
Pain Of Salvation - 12:5
Godflesh - Songs Of Love And Hate
Explosions In The Sky - All Of A Sudden I Miss Everyone
Explosions In The Sky - The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

Also picked up tickets to Sonata Arctica

^^ 12:5

:worship:

I make it a goal to listen to at LEAST portions of this album every couple of days... I have it on my phone and "blast" it whenever I'm not doin' anything. I have a few days worth of music on my phone, but 12:5 takes the cake for most listens.

Glass Hammer's Culture of Ascent. They open this album with a fantastic cover of Yes' "South Side of the Sky" with Jon Anderson singing backup vocals. If you like traditional Moog-driven Prog-Rock, this is a great listen.