Your opinion about Children Of Bodom.

I love them, got all their albums, and would say that, despite the stupid song titles, "Hate Crew Deathroll" is their best.
What I completely fail to get is why they spoil their songs with the senseless rubbish they use instead of lyrics.

Quite good in the catchy pop-y sense, but when compared to other metal bands, they just pale in comparison. They are, however, an excellent gateway band.

DiscipleOfPlato said:
Wank, Wankery, Wankfest, Wankcore...learn another fucking word, you dolt.
Simply because a musician takes pleasure when indulging in his own talent does not indicate that he's a passionless wanker. Emotion is anything but objective and it can't be broken down by a single person and determined in range-measurements. I suppose what I'm trying to say is...Shut up and learn an instrument.
hahahaha. You assfuck. I play bass and guitar. I took lessons for years not that it was of much help. I took 4 semesters of Music theory the last being AP. I am well in the know of classical, and listen to it much more than your precious "talented" metal.

On the COB board I have seen people referring to Alexi as the 'Mozart of metal.' Then someone said "Mozart = pop, Alexi is more like Chopin or Bach". Amazing.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I write classical music. I've yet to see ANY metal band with the complexity of even some of the chops it takes to pull off Chopin or Bach or Mozart.

anonymousnick2001 said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I write classical music. I've yet to see ANY metal band with the complexity of even some of the chops it takes to pull off Chopin or Bach or Mozart.
I don't know what's worse, comparing Alexi to classical composers or casually mentioning Chopin, Bach and Mozart as if they were comparable or alike.

Jesus CHRIST man... is that a real catfish?! Good god I'd be horrified to be in the water with that thing.

....Oh yeah, as far as CoB, they rock despite coming off as incredibly cheesy at times.

Reactions: anonymousnick2001
It entertains me to no end to see bands that generally play fast always getting written of as being mindless wankery, and bands that generally play slow always getting written off as being boring or dull.

hahahaha. You assfuck. I play bass and guitar. I took lessons for years not that it was of much help. I took 4 semesters of Music theory the last being AP. I am well in the know of classical, and listen to it much more than your precious "talented" metal.

Congratulations! You've proven my uneducated-ass wrong! It appears that I was wrong in my conjecture that you can't play an instrument, in fact, your alleged experience is quite the contrary. Of course, one could argue that my assumptions and your claims are merely words on a message board that cannot be proven evident by any concrete means, considering we've never met, but then, one would be wrong when arguing against such an immensely knowledgeable induividual as yourself, what with your 4 "semesters" of music theory and all, in addition to being "well in the know" of the classical genre. Funny you should mention it, because an associate of mine who happens to attend the same university as myself is just finishing his fourth annual-course on music theory and hopes to achieve his degree by the end of the year. Last time I checked, a semester is only one half of a year, and the subject of Music Theory can't be taken four times individually constituting half a year. In other words, Music Theory is not a semester course, you douche, meaning that the only means by which your statement could've proved valid is if you intended to imply that you took two annual courses of music theory, rather than four semesters(for the slow, four half-years are equivalent to two full-years), but decided to use a half-assed method of displaying yourself as more professional and impressive by euphemistically substituting one number for another and altering a word so as to conceal your incompetence. Oh, and AP stands for "Advanced Placement," which indicates that it is a college-level course taken previous to college. From this I can infer that you've taken your glorious four semesters of music theory in high-school, but then there's that glaring contradiction concerning semesters. AP Music Theory is an annual course. I know because my past high-school offered the course, which is the equivalent of a first-year of Music Theory in college, and I took it out of curiosity. The only possible way that you can take AP music theory following two years, assuming it's Music Theory I and Music Theory II, is if you decided to retake your first year. This makes absolutely no sense, and it baffles me as to why anybody would take a meager high-school course after two college-years of Music Theory. Again, for the slow, there is no such thing as AP Music Theory in college, because every college course IS an AP course. Of course, only a complete imbecile such as...oh, I don't know, an "Anonymous" member who would place Bach and Mozart in the same context, would fall for your insipid assertions and kiss your ass without consideration for the absence of logic in your claims.

Well done sir, may your future accomplices bow before your extraordinary accomplishments. Fucking idiot.

I like Children Of Bodom alot. I had always heard alot about them and was curious to check out their music. I had downloaded the song "Everytime I Die" and I loved it but it was weird because I never dug growling vocals. Last November I had tickets for the Jersey Hardcore & Metal Fest and they were on the bill so I figured I would pick up their latest album "Hate Crew Deathroll". Im a big power metal fan and the only rough vocals I ever really listened to was Grave Digger because they have a unique vocal style compared to other power metal bands. Children Of Bodom was one of the first bands that really got me into the growling style of metal vocals. I thought the album was great. They do play a very powerish style of metal. I like to call it Symphnoic Death Metal. "Needled 24/7" is my favorite song on the album. I just love the way it is put together and performed. The whole album to me though is rather good and it really opened my eyes to death metal. I loved their performance at the Jersey Hardcore & Metal Fest. I recently picked up "Hatebreeder" and I think that album kicks just as much ass as the latest one.

Ever since I got into Children of Bodom I started getting more into death metal and now own albums by Arch Enemy, In Flames, Obituary, and Death and plan on checking out alot more.

HardSide said:
excellent, but last album wasn't great.

I agree with you. Their new album isn't that good. But I still think they're a very good band. Alexi is cool on stage too.

Oh yeah... is anyone gonna check them out on tour with Evergrey and Iced Earth? I cannot wait. April 29 at BB Kings in NYC. I just hope the American dates don't get pushed back. I know the European iced Earth tour with Thunderstone and Primal Fear got postponed.