Your random annoyance of the day

Ordered a new interface from Sweetwater.com (USA). Here in Brazil the importation tax is 100% of the "product + the shipping", so I´m basically paying everything 2x.

The UPS box arrived yesterday.
I open the box.
The product is there.
And so is a fucking 500 pages huge magazine with the complete Sweetwater catalog.

Thanks Sweetwater, for making this heavy useless piece of shit travel half world at my expense.

Dude that tax sucks! :OMG:sorry to hear that.... haha yeah I always dig the free catalog when I order from them. but it's free shipping here

A band contacted me, told me they'd come record 2 times. Couldn't really ask them to make a deposit as they don't live that close and they only came for one song anyway. Booked one day, I MYSELF had to cancel at 11PM the day before because I kept sending them messages (Facebook, text and e-mail) for the whole 4 days before, without answer, AND they didn't even gave me what I asked them countless times (drums MIDIs, etc.).

We book another day the week after. Same fucking scenario - I can't get any news 2 days before the recording date. I went to the studio anyway, as I told myself I'd finish a project I was going to finish the day after, if they didn't came - that's what happened, they never showed up.

I finally have some news the day after, telling me that they have trouble with the drummer who never writes the drum MIDI and who has trouble leaving the job for one day in studio. They tell me they would send me an e-mail the week after.

The week after, I'm in New Jersey for a trip, keep looking at my e-mails, never receive anything. I finally send them messages after I come back, without answer.

Now, I just learned from another studio's page on Facebook that they've recorded a song there this week. Oh great. Stole me two days of work then got somewhere else.

Got booked to master an album early next month. Everything's smooth, quick communication and so on until I ask for the billing info to put down the deposit. Don't hear a thing, and two days later I notice on their Facebook page that another engineer is doing it. I still haven't heard back from the band, and doubt I ever will.

It's stuff like this that sometimes makes me hate the music business.

Was thinking about moving furniture around in my room...... move my bed away from the wall, moths, fucking loads of them............... been eating my bloody carpet! :yell:

I don't mind the 20 kids, the short sleeping hours, the all-day working hours, the cold, the heat, the wind, the sun, the shitty shower, the late night kids disco, and many other things of my current job... But I still have to be another week eating that shitty fucking food and that horrible breakfast, goddamn Galician mountain people and their shitty self-service food with their rotating four menus. Can't wait till Sunday.

I feel your pain. I'm on a four week roadtrip in the USA (LA, SF, Yosemite, Las Vegas and all that jazz) and I really miss dutch breakfast and lunch. Where the fuck is fresh whole-grain bread?

Friday it rains and my basement floods, I start my recording computer up and I get a weird start up menu. I take it to best buy and nothing shows up on the screen so they have to send it out. I take it home and back up everything on the hard drive. I bring it in the next day the guy does something with the start up screen and its good as new. I take it home and the next day nothing shows up on the screen. I take it back to best buy and they have to send it out but it will be covered by warranty because it was "an act of God." Today I get a call saying that the hard drive is fried (when I was able to access the hard drive the day before)and if theres water damage on the mother board its no longer covered by warranty. So now they have to send it out and I get it back in 2-3 weeks, if theres no water damage

My new super duper computer is running Sonar 64bit instead of the old 32bit. And it crashes non fucking stop. The wrapper that converts the plugins from 32bit to 64bit is so fucking shit, I get constant dropouts despite CPU usage being at 20%. This is bullshit. Fuck this shit. I may reinstall 32bit and give up my extra 4gb because it literally is crashing as soon as I press play right now.

My driving test is on Thursday and my driving instructor decided it would be the best time to change cars.

Now that's just against all logic. Are you serious?

Well it COULD be because they want to "test" you more? I don't know? To know if you can handle other cars.

That or they just want you to fail so you can pay them more money.

My random annoyance of the day: Cardboard, big electrical piano boxes, Martin boxes and Gibson boxes are a bitch to break down :p (nothing wrong with that though)