Your random annoyance of the day

I'm currently downloading the first track of 14 from a new client.
I checked the dropbox folder as it was downloading.
350+ files.
350+ files?
Yep. 350+ files.
For one song.

My guess is that they simply weren't consolidated before bouncing, so I've literally got every single fucking punch-in and edit to filter through and put together like a jigsaw puzzle before I can even think about mixing it. :lol:

I'm currently downloading the first track of 14 from a new client.
I checked the dropbox folder as it was downloading.
350+ files.
350+ files?
Yep. 350+ files.
For one song.

My guess is that they simply weren't consolidated before bouncing, so I've literally got every single fucking punch-in and edit to filter through and put together like a jigsaw puzzle before I can even think about mixing it. :lol:

why don't you tell them to consolidate them ?

Got a really sore (strep?) throat and a horrible toothache that just came on out of nowhere last night. Going to miss a full day of recording guitars and vocal tryouts. =/

why don't you tell them to consolidate them ?

Well, obviously? That is the random annoyance :lol: - the fact that I waited for the download only to THEN realise that it's in that form. Then having to email them, and wait another day or two to get a consolidated project. It's not a huge issue, just a... well... random annoyance.

It's not just the website, can't use my plugins safely.

This is a 2011 27" iMac i7 with 12GB RAM and thunderbolt.
I could write a novel on what I've tried over that last couple months but that would be pretty boring.

Sigh

Basically its intermittent. It works on my MacBook Pro, CFH tested it on his hackintosh and MacBook Pro, his iLok2 doesn't work on my system also.
Problem was from minute 1 of owning the thing. Took an hour to get it working with the ilok website to register and move my licenses to it. I got it to use VCC/RC-Tube. I had original iLok working on this iMac for 3 months prior, sold since with my PT system.

I install the drivers, restart, it works for some time, 2-6hrs maybe then it stops authorizing, my project crashes, the ilok website doesn't see it. The iMac sees it in system profiler all day whether it's working or not. The blue light stays on. sometimes unplugging, restarting and inserting makes it work again.

Pace sent me an extra 2 to help test and same deal.

Its the only usb device in use on the system beside my apple keyboard. All other USB devices work fine. Not a single other problem with the iMac, I fucking love this computer.

I lived with the issue for a few weeks before trying to get help from Pace, and now from Apple. It was starting to interrupt projects.
I've upgraded to 10.7. I've reformatted and installed 10.7. Any usb port, Multiple iLok2s. Full hardware scan reports no issues. Tried 32bit and 64bit kernel.

Pace have the same model iMac and can't duplicate the problem. I can't duplicate the problem on my MacBook Pro.

Basically because all other USB devices I've used with it seem to work fine its not easy to show Apple its not working, I have to prove its not a problem with the 3rd party hardware. I'm waiting for some info from Apple for the next steps.

Pace have the same model iMac and can't duplicate the problem. I can't duplicate the problem on my MacBook Pro.

it's a strange scenario seeing you already have been able to transfer licenses to it, but have you considered that your ilok might just be somehow faulty?

to see if it is, you'd have to purchase another ilok though, to transfer your existing licenses. but maybe you could work something out with Pace?

AudioGeekZine, if that's such a problem, have you considered reinstalling everything from scratch on the iMac ? I don't mean cloning, actuall reinstall.

My random annoyance of the day : editing my basslines. editing fucking sucks, it's the most boring activity possible

it's a strange scenario seeing you already have been able to transfer licenses to it, but have you considered that your ilok might just be somehow faulty?
Pace sent me an extra 2 iLoks to test. I also tried CFH_13's ilok. None work for longer than a couple of hours after reinstalling the ilok software. It's intermittent and it's been months of testing and narrowing down variables.
iLok1 works but I don't have one anymore and doesn't work with VCC.

There's no reason why iLok2 shouldn't be working.

AudioGeekZine, if that's such a problem, have you considered reinstalling everything from scratch on the iMac ? I don't mean cloning, actuall reinstall.

Yeah I reformatted and installed 10.7 on it on Christmas Eve. Clean install, nothing imported.

i'm still undergoing analysis but it looks like i've got asthma, and might have had it for over a year without realizing it. god i'm so fucking stupid, i always imagined asthma being different.

definitely going to lay off the smokes now.

Someone broke into my fucking car last night while I was home visiting my parents. They emptied out my glove compartment and center console all over the floor. Luckily I had just cleaned the car out that afternoon cause it was full of junk, at least my junk is safe and it looks like they didn't take anything... Still fucking pissed though and this has shattered my illusion of safety in suburbia.

Lost the car papers, my girlfriend raging at me for hours. As if she never loses anything.

Someone found the car papers and gave me a call. He wouldn't tell me his name, just gave me an adress to meet up in half an hour, and after I asked for it he gave me a cellphone number to reach him.

I look at the adress and its in a pretty shady place. I call the number to postpone to tomorrow (because its nighttime and dark), and I get a complete stranger on the phone.

If I had gone, I would have gotten ambushed by the guy and a couple of his buddies. Fucking hell, the nerve to call me up to lure me to a dark alley. Also a very uneasy feeling to know they have your phone number and stuff. Not sure what kind of damage they can do with my car papers...