Your random annoyance of the day

For no apparent reason I feel like shit since waking up. My ears feel like I have a bad cold but I don't o_O
Good thing I've got a 10h recording session ahead of me for today (and the next days too)

preamp_noise.png

New matched mics on inputs 1-2 of my interface.

^^ I don't understand what's going on there. Why's the top one more orange?

The more orange one has a higher noise floor? Or that the more orange one has more gain than the less orange one (on the mic pre's)?

Dang super moon.
Random aggressive psycho homeless guy entered my shop, refused to leave and had to be removed by police. Half hour later two more known crazies in the neighborhood fight on the sidewalk out front and police had to return. Hour later there was a shooting at the corner convenience store. Couple hours after that, a meth lab blew up a mile away and took out three houses.

My theory is that tidal gravitational pull on the brains of slightly hydrocephalic disturbed individuals create lightning storms of dysfunction within... :lol:

Jesus man... Sounds like you need to find a new neighborhood, or that super moon was REALLY strong...

Nightmares. I haven't been feeling to hot the past few days and feel asleep at 11am until 3 or 4pm. I had horrible dreams, of witnessing a car accident, and the ambulance transporting the people getting creamed by a semi. Then I dreamt I was in this dysfunctional backwoods town, where I watched a serial killer systematically kill a family of 3. Last dream was being trapped in a maze of middle schools. Finally, I had a false awakening where I try to call a friend, but the line is perptually busy.

Trains were involved at some point too, and boy scouts.

my mother...I just started my own business, calculated everything, thought alot about it, asked other people I know
who did similar stuff and so on-sure, I just started, I don't have lots of customers, but it's ok and it should work at
least on a decent level because there aren't many competetiors and I know that I am not bad at it.
But my mother (I don't like her) is really good at demotivating you, talks shit about the stuff I do even if she has
no clue at all, goes to my website to tell me a logo I did looks like shit and ask why I came up with such a dumb name.
It doesn't even matter to her that the companys name is actually good and it wasn't mine idea because I just designed
the logo for my customer...
She doesn't have to support me, never thought that she would, so that's ok for me, but talking shit about my stuff and
trying to destroy my believe in my strengths really sucks, especially because everything my brother does is great and
she has to call me just to tell me that he finished his exams very well and so on.

my mother (I don't like her) is really good at demotivating you, talks shit about the stuff I do even if she has
no clue at all...
She doesn't have to support me, never thought that she would, so that's ok for me, but talking shit about my stuff and
trying to destroy my believe in my strengths really sucks, especially because everything my brother does is great and
she has to call me just to tell me that he finished his exams very well and so on.

Feels bad, man. I know these feelings all, all too well. I sympathize for you though and it does get better!

WASP-y, over-privileged, new wealth. Some are not so bad, but some have their heads so far up their asses. Hearing them just speak is like listening to a gigantic fart.

Being homeless. I work an hour away from where I live and can't afford the commute making $9/hr. Was living with my girlfriend but she had to move out of her place since she wasn't able to afford it and now lives with a stuck up great aunt who lives in a mansion that she's not even welcome at half the time. A falling out with family leaves me with no choice but to sleep in my car while the lady and I stockpile all the cash we can to save up for an apartment. Been about two months into sleeping in Wal-mart parking lots and such- showering about every three days when I can sneak into my gfs place to shower in the late nights. Dry shampoo has become my best friend. But yeah this shit is totally wearing on me I'm asleep by 4am and up at 9am every morning and it's never comfortable. I haven't done anything music related since it started. I know people have it way worse- but that's what this thread was for... So rather, random annoyance of the past few months.