Your random annoyance of the day

3 appointments with customers were scheduled today, everyone of them
knows the number of my mobile phone, I can be contacted via E-Mail without
a problem and check my mails all the time.

First appointment got cancelled by the customer when I entered their building...
Drove 45 minutes to get there, told them that my timeframe was pretty tight
and that we only had 60 minutes, I actually arrived 15 minutes early, after
waiting 20 minutes the secretary tells me that her boss wasn't even there and
that it will take him at least 40 minutes to arrive.
I called him, told him that there's no way to discuss the matter in a few minutes
and that I can't wait this long, went home to prepar everything for the next
appointment.
Got a call from the customer "yeah, ahm, I can't make it today" and hangs up.

So if I would have know that 50 minutes earlier, I would have stayed and waited
for my first customer because the second appointment of the day got cancelled
out of nowhere.

The third appointment was cancelled because the guy thought it would be a great
idea to do his logodesign in Word because it's way cheaper than getting it done by
me (I am actually pretty cheap).
He's the fucking boss of a company with 50 people, selling artsy-fartsy hipster design
stuff in his shop, drives a Porsche and shit like that, but spending a few hundred bucks
on a professional logo is way too expensive...yeah

3 appointments with customers were scheduled today, everyone of them
knows the number of my mobile phone, I can be contacted via E-Mail without
a problem and check my mails all the time.

First appointment got cancelled by the customer when I entered their building...
Drove 45 minutes to get there, told them that my timeframe was pretty tight
and that we only had 60 minutes, I actually arrived 15 minutes early, after
waiting 20 minutes the secretary tells me that her boss wasn't even there and
that it will take him at least 40 minutes to arrive.
I called him, told him that there's no way to discuss the matter in a few minutes
and that I can't wait this long, went home to prepar everything for the next
appointment.
Got a call from the customer "yeah, ahm, I can't make it today" and hangs up.

So if I would have know that 50 minutes earlier, I would have stayed and waited
for my first customer because the second appointment of the day got cancelled
out of nowhere.

The third appointment was cancelled because the guy thought it would be a great
idea to do his logodesign in Word because it's way cheaper than getting it done by
me (I am actually pretty cheap).
He's the fucking boss of a company with 50 people, selling artsy-fartsy hipster design
stuff in his shop, drives a Porsche and shit like that, but spending a few hundred bucks
on a professional logo is way too expensive...yeah

Are you familiar with the website "clients from hell"? You might find a good place to relax from your frustration there, the word logo thing is classic clients from hell material :lol:

Are you familiar with the website "clients from hell"? You might find a good place to relax from your frustration there, the word logo thing is classic clients from hell material :lol:

I read that site daily, FAR too much of it hits too close to home for me!

My annoyance(s) - some fucker snagged my credit card info and tried buying a bunch of stuff online yesterday. MasterCard caught it quickly, and we're in the clear, but won't have new cards for a week and then it's updating everything all over again.

Then this morning at 12am I was woken up by some loud banging. Turns out it was my garage door tension spring snapping in half, second time it's done this in 4 years. So there's another unexpected bill. Add it to the pile.

"Finishing" an ass-busting job in North Carolina, waiting for 2 days for the final truck to show up, he needs permit for over-width load.....no truck guarantee. So we drive the 10 hrs home.

Had to go back down this past Sunday. 10 hrs there, sleep, wake up, hit the site, then suddenly we're required to do extra work by taking down a small BS 5 ton overhead crane. No biggie. Then, we need to take down the rails and beams it rides on = +4 more hours worth of work. (Now, instead of being halfway home Monday night, we're basically stuck in a hotel overnight again). Truck shows up early, *GASP!* we load him, he takes off down the road. We start finishing off the crane situation. Trucker calls back. He's loaded too heavy to the rear and wants to come back in the morning to move stuff around on his trailer (he wanted a 22,000 lb single piece to sit right over his rear axle.....with the rest of the load light and spread out over the front of the trailer....for anyone who knows about trailers/tongue weight/etc.).

Oddly, he showed up before we thought (again, gasp! This is rare!), we moved his load around :)lol:) and got him on the road, then we drove the 10 hr ride home.

I get home to a drunk girlfriend (this is pretty consistent) and I was pissed. Won't dive too deeply into personal shit, but we fight over this stuff alot. Needless to say, it caused a big fight. I didn't eat dinner and went to bed early. Trying to give her the boot but it never seems to work. Claiming things will change but, things never change and I cannot be busting my ass and coming home to a slurring, stumbling woman every time. =/ Fuck. Me.

Offering to record a close friend's band for minimum wage and having them haggle you. Real fucking tight. Totally don't have to pay rent or feed myself.

i know the feeling

last time i attempted to record a band around here, i gave them a shit-cheap flat rate for an EP

they made it sound like it was all good...then a week went by with hearing nothing, so i hit up the guitarist, who told me they were all broke, but he could pay me with best buy in-store credit since he worked there. i told him fuck no, cash only.

they ended up going to a friend who has shitty gear and apparently minimal abilities...dude charged them by the song rather than for the whole thing, and they ended up with a super shitty EP for $30 less than what i asked. good going, dipshits.

Yesterday morning I receive a call from a guy that runs a club. He asks me to record a concert the same day at 22:00.
- But on such sort notice? I don't have the time.
- Sorry dude, but I'm offering $XXX and free drinks for a month.
- Ok, let's do it.

19:30, soundcheck. I arrive to the club with my equipment. There's nobody to help me carry it in. Alright. I take everything in myself, setting up. Then the band's sound guys come's in.
- What are you doing here? Get out!
- I'm recording the show. The owner asked me to.
- Ah you're that guy, yeah.

And he goes away. Well, wtf, I think, I might have more problems with this guy. I set triggers to the drums and DIs to the guitars. He comes and stars freaking out asking me what these things were. I explain it to him and tell him why it's necessary. He goes to the owner and starts ranting on what's happening. The owner tells him it's OK and that I know what I'm doing.

OK, enough trouble? No. The band comes in (a pretty good band I like) and starts soundchecking. I tell the sound guy if I could help and he says "yes, but don't touch any knob" (??). After he made his mix (sounding bad)...
- Hmmm, you could maybe press that 100HP button for the vocals. There's a little more low end that what's needed I think.
- AND WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU TO TELL ME WHAT TO DO?
(and he continues to scream like an asshole for completely no reason)

The band is like "yeah, the same shit again"... The owner hears him from the office and comes in to check what's happening. He then kicks the fucker out of the club and tells me to handle sound for the night. Alright, win. The band were pleased and everything went smoothly. They'll kick them out after the tour but why sound guys act like that? It's not the first time something like this happens. -.-

Went and did a car boot to raise some money for uni, (yard sale for you americans) and some guy comes up to look at a massive box of guitar magazines and asks how much it is for the whole box. Magazines selling at £2 each or 3 for £5. Figure out the cost and it's around £50, tell the guy that, and that i'm open to a bit of haggling.

THe prick offers me £15 and when I say that's miles too low, he gets pissy with me and calls me a cunt. The fuck is up with people?

when the other guitarist in my band insults my song writing that much that i dont want to work on it anymore....

That's fucked up.

I jokingly (sometimes only half-jokingly) do this to our other guitarist.

Maybe I'm a total prick, but I feel like I write something that has a certain vibe, and spend hours sitting home writing/recording these ideas, then show it to the band who decides to almost completely change the vibe of certain parts.....that just irks me. I know - it's a BAND. Everyone has input, but I try to do what is "best" for a song and sometimes other members just have the "meh, it's good enough how it is now" attitude that makes me want to push their eyeballs into their skulls.

I have a riff. It sounds dark and eerie, evil....don't go playing some major happy bullshit overtop, kthnx.

The second single was alright if a bit cutesy, the rest is just... really bad semi-pop nonsense. Not the same band at all. It's leaked but previews are up on iTunes.

At least the new Wonder Years single rules.

New Paramore sucks :(.

sucking is too nice adjective for this album.

Our cats sleep outside because they usually shit and pee the whole house when they sleep inside. Well, we have a weird cat - he jumps over people to suck their fingers. Well, yesteryda, I was going to sleep around 1:30am, this motherfucker was outside and he started meonwing like a motherfuckers and ultimately went over the wall that separates our house from the neighbors 'trying' to jump to our 15 feet tall bedroom windows lol we bought him inside and slept...

Fast forward 5am, I woke up with this motherfucker sucking my fingers with the ass pointed at my wife's face. I jumped out of the bed wanting to punch the cat and guess what....asthma came in. Yes, I have 4 cats (my wife, actually) and I have asthma. Took some deep breaths, drank some water and I could handle it. But by then, my sleep was over.

Though 'Hey, I will work some, do some mastering...'. Did it and after finishing, went back to our bed and my older daughter Zoe was burning in fever. Great way to start a day.

Some drunk fucking retard smashed into my parked car last night and totaled it and drove off when I was visiting my mom.

LUCKILY they were fucking stupid enough to park down the street and leave their trashed car about a block away. A midnight blue Toyota Celica with a spoiler.

The annoying part as I know you already know what I'm going to say was with the police and the police report. I'll upload pictures to show the damage when I have time. But the damage on my car was the back driver side- destroying my trunk and back door. Witnesses that night said that they saw a white and black car at the accident- the black car was the one that crashed into my car. There are two entrances to the complex on one side- everyone that claimed to see it said that the car entered and never left the complex. We found a few cars that matched the paint chips and had front passenger damage as anyone would assume they clipped my car- but the didn't.

We found the fucking car parked, engine still warm, window down and back drivers window smashed out with chunks of paint missing from their car that puzzle piece fit exactly to it. Along with broken glass embedded into my bumper and spread all over the ground.

There were two cops that came- a nice tall one and a piece of shit short dude that was talking shit to us the whole time. The short cop was insistent that there was no way that it was possible that the back drivers sides of both cars could have collided and kept trying to dismiss it and leave. He said my car was white and left no paint transfer- my car isn't white, it's actually no color because I'm so poor that my car has no paint on it- even though there was white residue that the officer blatantly neglected.

He then interviewed the witness away from us and came back to us and said "he never saw the accident or either cars" which started a huge argument because the man that saw it told us what fucking kind of car to look for. Then after that was brought up the police officer said that my car was gold (wtf) and then lied and said "the man that saw the accident said it was a 4 door sedan"

All the evidence is there and now we have 5 people that claimed they saw the whole incident- but it' like the cops didn't give a shit and now we're scrambling to figure out what the fuck I'm going to do about getting to work.

So tight:headbang: