Your random annoyance of the day

People who complain in the sneap forum about people who complain about people complaining in facebook.

leonardo-dicaprio-inception-movie-meme-face-jpg.4188

You realize that could take days, right? lol :lol:

j/k

Ants.

Mother fucking ANTS. They just don't stop.

Fuck them.You gotta find where they're coming and put some powder.

Band from LA send me horseshit tracks to mix. One guitar that sounds like they used a solidstate combo. Drums are mostly cymbal bleed and out of tune, hit like a pussy and way sloppy. Bass is played too soft to sound aggressive like they want. And the vocal tracks were bounced all fucked up with random instrumentals that clip like crazy and don't even line up with the rest of the session tracks. No metronome either. And two days after getting the tracks (I work two jobs btw) my phone starts getting blown up asking when I'll finish...

I just got the worst hiccups of my life, FUUUU

Clients come here and think I'm possesed or something

People who complain about people complaining in facebook

More like people who seem to make a living out of complaining about other people's likes, dislikes, habits or comments about certain issues, but yeah. "You people posting RIP hanneman on Facebook, you didn't listen to all slayer albums in a row everyday of your lives, you are dumb!" Or "lol at people playing in cover bands, you should try to get the satisfaction of writing your own songs and being recognized by it" as if they get to decide what gives other people satisfaction or makes them happy. I could go on.

Band from LA send me horseshit tracks to mix. One guitar that sounds like they used a solidstate combo. Drums are mostly cymbal bleed and out of tune, hit like a pussy and way sloppy. Bass is played too soft to sound aggressive like they want. And the vocal tracks were bounced all fucked up with random instrumentals that clip like crazy and don't even line up with the rest of the session tracks. No metronome either. And two days after getting the tracks (I work two jobs btw) my phone starts getting blown up asking when I'll finish...

you can fire clients, or just don't work on sub standard quality material.

I told a band a couple months back that they had to rerecord everything before I could get a decent mix. They understood, got me drum tracks played to a click a week later, I edited and sent back. They did bass, guitars, vocals for 3 songs back to me next day. Came out pretty decent.

Got a customer (not recording, as a webdesigner) who wanted an online-shop, didn't want to spend much money so a theme was
bought, the theme was developed by someone who seems to give a shit about standards and support.

In the end, there was an endless amount of hassle and work and now the customer told me, that there are still things that won't
work, sure they won't work, I told him a few times and it's all depending on the fucking theme, now I could either redo almost anything
and get about 1,5k or say fuck it and don't get paid.

Sure, 1,5k would be great, but if I count all the hours I put in there and have to put in there, it would probably cost 5-7k if I got paid
my normal hour-fee.

My vocabulary at the moment mainly consists out of "Argh!" "Shit!" and "Fuck this bullshit, I am going to be rich next year!""

Got a customer (not recording, as a webdesigner) who wanted an online-shop, didn't want to spend much money so a theme was
bought, the theme was developed by someone who seems to give a shit about standards and support.

In the end, there was an endless amount of hassle and work and now the customer told me, that there are still things that won't
work, sure they won't work, I told him a few times and it's all depending on the fucking theme, now I could either redo almost anything
and get about 1,5k or say fuck it and don't get paid.

Sure, 1,5k would be great, but if I count all the hours I put in there and have to put in there, it would probably cost 5-7k if I got paid
my normal hour-fee.

My vocabulary at the moment mainly consists out of "Argh!" "Shit!" and "Fuck this bullshit, I am going to be rich next year!""

I was working as a web developer a few years ago as an extra job. In a similar situation I couldn't invest the time to learn what needed to develop the particular project to the particular language so I offered 50% to another guy to do the job for me. Client never noticed, second guy did never contact the client and I've earned 50% of the original price doing nothing. :D

I was working as a web developer a few years ago as an extra job. In a similar situation I couldn't invest the time to learn what needed to develop the particular project to the particular language so I offered 50% to another guy to do the job for me. Client never noticed, second guy did never contact the client and I've earned 50% of the original price doing nothing. :D

That would be a good idea, but my price was already way to cheap and there are other options for
them now and so on, the only way this could work out would be investing in a developer from India
or so.
In the end, it bugs me, but it's not worth all the hassle and shit I've gone through for that project
and I don't want to destroy myself for a job.

A "normal" website for example, done in Wordpress with all the functions needed and stuff, even with
a little shopsystem integrated pays way, way better and doesn't make me look 10 years older in 2 weeks.

I learned alot through this job, contracts for everything for example, never trust the work of somebody
you don't know, never trust your friendly customer and so on, there are better ways to earn money.

I've seen guys charging something like $800 for a wordpress site with every functionality except creating and editing pages removed and a slightly modified free theme and I had my own really simple CMS made from scratch and was charging half of that plus a year of free support. This job is 60% how you market yourself. If you're not trying to rip peoples off you're not going to succeed.

I've seen guys charging something like $800 for a wordpress site with every functionality except creating and editing pages removed and a slightly modified free theme and I had my own really simple CMS made from scratch and was charging half of that plus a year of free support. This job is 60% how you market yourself. If you're not trying to rip peoples off you're not going to succeed.

My normal work is decently priced, I won't rip people but I am not a cheap little guy, I studied marketing and communications
have a diploma and am pretty decent at working wit Wordpress.

I am charging 60€ per hour (excluding 19% tax), that's a reasonable price in my area and it works ok and there are some nice
things coming up, due to that, I just don't want to take all the shit from that job I took a few months ago that is just killing me.

As a litte example:
I am building a website for a restaurant at the moment, it's a modified premium theme, looks nice, works well, customer gets two
accounts, one administration account, so he can edit everything or give it to someone else and one account that's stripped down.
With this account, he's only able to edit posts, pages and the menue (navigation and food :D ).
Designwise, you won't see that there's a bought theme running underneath, it's fully responsive, has a contact form, google map,
social plugins and so on, pretty easy to use (but you probably know this).
All in all, I spend around 15-20 hours setting it up from start to finish, so in the end it's somewhere between 1,1-1,5k€ including
tax for a running site including OnPage optimization and everything else needed.

That's reasonable. I was charging $35/hour (1h min - when I was charging by hour) and only if the job was done. I was looking for quick cash and there were many guys around my area so I didn't ask for more and was doing the job as fast as possible. Got enough cash to buy my Saffire and some good mics (2xSM57, 2xE904 and an E906).

And another annoyance just started:
Got pretty sick last week, got a really bad cold and had to cough so hard last night
that one of my rips is slightly broken...now coughing is even more fun...not!

:/ "Beautiful" and "Sweet" is OK but how can someone see a child in an erotic way? Idiots...

my thoughts exactly

how the fuck can you look at somebody that's clearly pre-puberty and call them "sexy"??

that's just fucking creepy