2008 Political debate thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russia is seeking entrance into the EU though, and the EU did ask them to resolve the issue without use of force. Escalations from there could have taken many routes.

And we all know what happened the last time the UN tried to flex something, don't we?

Man, that would suck to be one of the survivors! I can see downtown Indianapolis from my house and that will be one of the first cities wiped off the map during WW3! If I do happen to survive, I'm just going to start eating brains and walking like I have a club foot.:lol:

Ah, now we start to see the problems of the world, and why "world peace" is merely an ideal quite unattainable.

I think world peace in a certain context is very possible. LASTING peace on the otherhand seems beyond our grasp. This certain context of course, is the context in which the world (ie humanity) does not war with each other, because we're too busy warring with some other force that requires us to grudgingly team up or face extinction. Yes, aliens or some natural catastrophe on a global scale. That's the only way I can see humans working as one race. And of course, when the threat is contained, we'll proceed to squabble with each other again over who gets what spoils, who really did all the work, who paid for it, etc etc.

Of course you do, Ken. You're a Millenial. It's part of your generation's learning. Being a Gen X'er, I'm notably pessimistic. But, since getting married and subsequently sucking my wife dry, I'm more of an optimist than I was even 10 years ago. But I still don't see world peace ever happening. The paradigms between countries and civilizations are too great. The current growth in world economy - perhaps something that Georgie should get some credit for - will be one step toward an eventual world peace, but at the same time I see that the differing paradigms in other civilizations of the world will not allow peace globally.

We had pretty near 25 years "world peace", a few scrimages here and there, thats not counting the middle east, there will NEVER be peace there and they will do their damndest to make sure there is not peace anywhere. This thing with Russia is just a little lesson, they are in the "problem solved" stage. Perhaps they are thinking we should take a lesson in getting the point across. We only need to hope that the US stays out of it... as in NOT decided to arm Georgia all up for a little game. Let those people work their own problems out, they know each other, we do not.

Who says "They" are the ones perpetuating war in the Middle East? And I think we haven't had 25 years of peace. Unless you're just counting American-centric wars. I'm thinking, for example, the 1990s in Bosnia. How about Rwanda, Congo, Burma, East Timor, Pakistan, Ireland, Columbia, Somolia, Albania... I could go on, and I'm just drumming up the 90s worldwide. It's ignorant and Amer-important to think "hey, the last wars not counting the Gulf 'skirmishes' were Korea and Vietnam, and that brief fubar in Somalia they made a movie out of."

It said nearly and it said a few scrimages and I was thining of Bosnia, the old religion thing in Ireland, the Falkans, Somilia as well as the gulf ""war"", some of those wars were not worldly, Bosnia being the worst. Are we going to include street gang wars in the scene of world peace ? I meant there were no global involvement in any serious wars. These little fueds in the unstable areas of the world are not going to stop, kinda like kindergardeners fighting over toys, "johnnys got a gun" and watched him a John Wayne movie... frankly hard for me to take them seriously and John Wayne movies are far more entertaining.

those people are those people and they will never rest, all worried about that holy land as they bath it in blood. What the hell, its easier than getting a life.

Whether or not you take them seriously is besides the point, as a civil war in a foreign country is as significant as a civil war in the one you live in. Maybe not to you personally, but to someone, it is. Given the number of incidents and their severity, it is extremely difficult to justify 25 years of world peace. Even just considering American events, I still believe that statement is overstepping.

back to the 2008 political debate for a sec.. when is the elections darnit? im getting all excited about the prospect of getting fuckhead out of office (only for more fuckheads to go in i realise..)

back to the 2008 political debate for a sec.. when is the elections darnit? im getting all excited about the prospect of getting fuckhead out of office (only for more fuckheads to go in i realise..)

:lol: yeah, we just swap fuck heads around this place, nothing new I suppose, look at all the fuck heads throughout hundreds of years of the Roman empire. Its what fuck heads do, they run countries.

National fuckhead day is sometime in Nov, then in January the old fuck head shakes hands with the new fuckhead and whispers in his ear... "enjoy the ride, the benefits are great"

The person ? Try every person, from the fed to the state to the county to the town board to the zoning board

nukes, why not just use them and quit posing, lets put the big bad boys to the test, "make my day asshole" they all want to be tuff, aim big guns at each other, go ahead and do it. There is still no doubt in my mind the answer is to lock all these big bad war mongers in a concrete room and let them brawl it out, kill each other and let the remaining survivor starve to death or eat the rotting corpses of his victims to prolong the inevitable. But no, we will finally see them for the cowards they all are, with out their little toys, without the finances of countries behind them, there they will be naked to the world and we will see them for what they really are. Then blast violently loud heavy metal music into the room until they loose their minds and begin to whimper.

Games, let play some games, lets put the shoe on the other foot

does a single one of these fools ever realize they do not have the support of their general population ?

Status
Not open for further replies.