2008 Political debate thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet, I love Canada...now maybe I'll get CBC and be able to watch more hockey! :)

Oh, some lady attempted a citizen's arrest on Karl Rove :lol:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiArL8oK9rQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiArL8oK9rQ[/ame]

I dont know what California represents as a whole but for some reason the entire country is supposed to adopt the anything goes veiw of things

In a nutshell in my references, capital gains tax is the tax on the money you make in investments (i.e., the stocks, bonds, precious metals, and properties) above the cost you paid for it.

so its the same as we pay income tax on our savings interest or as you said stocks. Interest on savings is laughable today and has been for at least 3 years. last I checked mine was under .5% something I had never seen since I opened my first account with lawnmowing money in the 70's. Im not sure if this is unfair or whatever you want to call it. Money made off from anything is income and everyone has to pay income tax. We dont have to like it but it does take money to make this big machine roll. Its the wasting of so much of the money that bothers me.

Reducing the taxes or getting rid of them altogether will stimulate investing, giving business (mostly American businesses) the investments they need to further their businesses. That's the slant I'm looking at, razor, not so much as increased taxes on incomes. Think of how many more investors we would have in our own businesses (and economy) if the income from your investments was nearly free money.

Interest on savings is laughable today and has been for at least 3 years. last I checked mine was under .5% something
You need to look at some online savings accounts...go to bankrate.com and peruse...there are plenty of good FDIC insured companies out there. I was getting over 5% on my savings acct for the last two years, then earlier this year rates across the board dropped something fierce, and now I'm only getting 3.4% (with Countrywide), but that's still far superior to the half percent you mentioned, so shop around, it's easy :)

Reducing the taxes or getting rid of them altogether will stimulate investing, giving business (mostly American businesses) the investments they need to further their businesses. That's the slant I'm looking at, razor, not so much as increased taxes on incomes. Think of how many more investors we would have in our own businesses (and economy) if the income from your investments was nearly free money.

So that would mean no taxes for Wallstreeters ? I dont see how it would encourage any more investing. They still invest but pay an income tax on it. Seems this would only sweeten their pie as they jerk money around in a feirce frenzy. To me it seems like it would just be a way for the great manipulators of our country, who have brought us harm, to become tax exempt and then a larger tax burden placed on the working families as the government does what it needs to do to recoup the revenue lost from no longer having a capital gains tax. Isnt that what they are calling a tit for tat ? I just dont like any of it. Its like lets try this... see if it will patch things up for a while and deal with the aftermath decades later.

You guys are getting it wrong. California is its own Country, and Canada replaces it as a state.

Nah, we need Canada as a separate country for when Geritol John shuts off and Jesus tells Sarah to invade them. :lol:

You're in California...I don't think he considers you at all. ;)

At least his judgment isn't so impaired as to think he'd actually have a chance here I suppose.

Greed.

it takes too long to explain it right now, but all of our greed is coming back to bite us very very hard.

Well, then you've also got those conspiracy theories about a secret society that manipulates world events, including who leads where. So what is it...5 Jewish guys in Switzerland? The free masons? That "company" from Prison Break? :D

No, not a conspiratorial thinker. I question how a person has been able to rise so fast in the Dem party, to literally come out of nowhere in four years. He's a good speaker and has great charisma, but I question (and fear) what is behind him.

Makes sense to me! I have always said that the events in the world don't make sense unless lizard people are working behind the scenes to over throw humans.

Status
Not open for further replies.