2009 METAL - OFFICIAL THREAD

They can obviously change direction, but there's no reason why they'd suddenly totally abandon doom metal and record a thrash metal album.

I didin't just say thrash... I mentioned progressive as well. Lol. Re-read my post :loco:

edit: they could also still have that doom metal feel as well.

Expecting them to change into a progressive metal act is still very much at odds with their history and the types of moods they explore.

I know... I forgot to put hte epic in it. Some of their albums are Epic doom metal. I left out Epic in Progressive Doom Metal. So I included itin the edit.

Season of Mist will be releasing the following albums on June 22 in Europe and July 14th in the US:

sua005drudkhmicrocosmos.jpg

1. Минулі Дні / Days That Passed
2. Далекий Крик Журавлів / Distant Cries of Cranes
3. Декаданс / Decadence
4. Ars Poetica
5. Все, Що Не Сказано Раніше / Everything Unsaid Before

The fans will notice that the nocturnal landscapes as well as colours of the layout are a bit unusual for the band, but perfectly fit with the aura of the album.

som204destroyer666defiar.jpg

01. Weapons of Conquest
02. I Am Not Deceived
03. Blood for Blood
04. The Barricades Are breaking
05. A Stand Defiant
06. A Path to Conflict
07. A Thousand Plagues
08. Human All Too Human
09. A Sermon to the Dead

According to frontman KK, "the artwork for the new album was inspired by the idea of resolute defiance in the eye of the spiral downwards."

News courtesy of Matthew.

sua005drudkhmicrocosmos.jpg

1. Минулі Дні / Days That Passed
2. Далекий Крик Журавлів / Distant Cries of Cranes
3. Декаданс / Decadence
4. Ars Poetica
5. Все, Що Не Сказано Раніше / Everything Unsaid Before

The fans will notice that the nocturnal landscapes as well as colours of the layout are a bit unusual for the band, but perfectly fit with the aura of the album.

Fuck yeah. Seeing that artwork and tracklist really makes me wanting to hear that ASAP. And own that.

Yea but it has that nice classic sound to it. I mean you get what im saying. Yea the quality of play may be old. But the structure of the album impresses me. It's like listening to a good band from the 70s era again

Um, what?

Inasmuch as Black Sabbath are a band from the '70s, then yes, it is in fact listening to a band from the '70s. :lol:

That album sounds nothing like their early material, though, and certainly doesn't sounds like '70s music.

Oh, and since I feel like starting even more shit than I did in the Classic Metal thread, I would like to issue the following proclamation:

THE DEVIL YOU KNOW FUCKING SUCKS.

It's another sterile, tired rehash of older Sabbath/Dio material, it has some of the dumbest fucking lyrics and most awkward vocals you'll ever hear, and it's a melodic atrocity to boot.

Um...no. It's heavy, memorable and evil sounding as fuck, Butler still shows that he's one of the most effective bassists in metal, and Dio is unbelievably good sounding even at the age he's at. Plus he ruled live when they came around here. Sorry, you're just wrong and being silly.

Gah, you disappoint me dude. There are like two memorable songs on it. On most of them it sounds like Iommi came up with the riffs in about three seconds by moving his hand along familiar chord patterns. No finesse to it, either - everything is flat '1, 2, 3, 4, 1, 2, 3, 4' strumming with hardly any embellishments. "The Turn of the Screw" sounds like a bad AC/DC song with that lame two-chord blues riff he uses.

The way Dio stretches out all his notes, it sounds like he's constantly moaning, or just being faux-operatic. And sometimes he doesn't even bother to stay in-key. I especially love the "Double the puuuuuhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaiiiinnnnn..." at the end of that song's chorus. So fucking awkward :lol:

Um...no. It's heavy, memorable and evil sounding as fuck, Butler still shows that he's one of the most effective bassists in metal, and Dio is unbelievably good sounding even at the age he's at. Plus he ruled live when they came around here. Sorry, you're just wrong and being silly.

Dio is a unique singer and lyricist who fits in very well with Sabbath, and the quality of the rest of the band hasn't even been open to debate for decades. While Dio-Sabbath's first two albums are still their best, TDYK is very cool.

The way Dio stretches out all his notes, it sounds like he's constantly moaning, or just being faux-operatic. And sometimes he doesn't even bother to stay in-key. I especially love the "Double the puuuuuhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaiiiinnnnn..." at the end of that song's chorus. So fucking awkward :lol:

Is this your first time listening to Dio or something? He's always sang in that manner. He's a pretty eccentric vocalist, but I like his singing and so do a lot of other people. I'm sorry if you don't.

What? His vocals in Rainbow and '80s Sabbath are clearly not sung that painfully slowly, nor do they frequently stray off-key. You're just making stuff up.

I love Dio. He's completely badass in most of '70s and '80s work. On TDYK, though, he just sounds tired and dry.