2009 METAL - OFFICIAL THREAD

The Ignivomous cd is being recorded and mixed, the band is working on the layout (NWN). Can't wait for that.

If any of you are into traditional doom metal or sludge metal. I highly recommend checking out Heaven & Hell's debute "The Devil You Know". I really think it's a well done album considering the sound of dio and sabbath combined into a package. I mean don't get me wrong. Mob Rules was one of the best albums dio was vocals in for Sabbath. But this one is well worth the time if you like Dio as a singer and that album as well. Heres some good sample I'l throw out.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-mo3i4rwQA&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpSWY8oCtP8&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlThTyAzJWM&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW, REALLY. THAT'S REALLY NEW AND EXCITING MAN!

Seriously dude...old. I bought it today, and everyone and their mother heard of it like a month and a half ago :p

Yea but it has that nice classic sound to it. I mean you get what im saying. Yea the quality of play may be old. But the structure of the album impresses me. It's like listening to a good band from the 70s era again and its a new release. I bet it will end up better than the new Candlemass album. I mean I don't like candlemass but the shit I heard from candlemass seems boring except for Black Dwarf which was an ok song.

Yeah I'm just being a dick :p I think this is probably gonna be better than the new Candlemass, but I've never been a huge CM fan...

I have to admit. Candlemass has a nice line up. The singer is great and everything. The problem is they really should consider changing their style. I would prefer they change their aspect of doom and head towards thrash or progressive metal. Nothing too cocky or corny for the matter because when I listen to them, its not that it sounds bad, but it lacks and gets boring. You know what I mean?

I have to admit. Candlemass has a nice line up. The singer is great and everything. The problem is they really should consider changing their style. I would prefer they change their aspect of doom and head towards thrash or progressive metal. Nothing too cocky or corny for the matter because when I listen to them, its not that it sounds bad, but it lacks and gets boring. You know what I mean?

LOLLLLL

Just for that I'm considering putting you on ignore again.

I have nothing against doom metal. Candlemass should seriously consider changing their direction. Imagine the epic albums they would be releasing if they did. Their shit would be off the hook. It would be yet another prophecy of metal. Just imagine... Candlemass changes their path. They release a single even that is a completely new direction same theme but different style. I garantee it would kick more ass than their old shit. GARANTEE. With the same line up they have now.

Lol I wouldn't say epic. For doom metal yea its good. But I can't listen to their albums more than once or twice. It gets old cause the guitar cna be so much better with the vocal style. You got Robert Lowe on vocals and I could expect the guitar to be more interesting. I mean its just like listening to Krux. You got Matts Leven on vocals, you got some brutal guitar in the beginning or in between of the tracks but when the music plays on, the guitar is rather a bit continuous or sludges a bit. The band could definitly sound more epic if they are indeed epic.

edit: I'm not saying Krux also has to change their style, they can stay the way they are since they are a more progressive doom metal band and their play is good for hte time being. I mean, yea their a bit sludgey but they follow through. Much better than candlemass if you ask me.

But the whole point of Candlemass isn't to be brutal, or fast.

They are meant to be slow and doomy creating a dark atmosphere. The riffs are in no way boring either.

If they want a dark atmosphere. Why don't they add death metal vocals instead of clean :rofl:. Faster guitar goes better with clean vocals.

Candlemass' music definitely meets the traditional standard of being epic, but it's apparently not up to par when it comes to the bastardized modern slang definition. There's no reason why Candlemass should suddenly completely change musical styles, and that's a stupid thing to even imagine. Lowe would be a terrible vocalist for thrash metal anyway.

In other news, I ordered Death Magic Doom. :)