2009 METAL - OFFICIAL THREAD

Slayer is also launching a new album this year, it´s called World Painted Blood. I guess most of you have already listened to Psychopathy Red, so you have a little idea how it´s going to sound. I think it might be better than Christ Illusion

Songs announced so far:

"Psychopathy Red"
"Beauty Through Order"
"Unit 731"
"Playing with Dolls"
"Public Display of Dismemberment"
"Americon"
"World Painted Blood"
"Hate Worldwide"
"Atrocity Vendor"

Here is another new slayer song released not long ago

Fuck it's terrible....

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, new Skyfire...they uploaded a (buyable) EP on Amazon which I did end up buying. It's quite good but maybe not up to par with past efforts. Despite that I'll probably buy Esoteric when that comes out too. For now, check out the new EP, Fractal which has a teaser from the new album (the title track)

They probably have the most genuinely "progressive" style in the proggy melo-death style a lot of bands try to play. Great arrangements, and it helps that two people program their synths, iirc.

Is Seasons better than South of Heaven? I absolutely love their first 3 albums but didnt like South of Heaven that much (has a few good songs but the vocals and to a lesser extent the music in general seems not-all-that-aggressive) so never bothered to check out Seasons.

Well, hope its good, I'm sure it will be. Ithyphallic snuck up on me last time though, so I guess its a tradition to be suprised with a new Nile cd every once in awhile.