2009 Music

Definitely an interesting listen, but the record didn't do much for me overall. There's this rockabilly song called Trainfire where Devin does this killer Elvis impression that's pretty darn cool. However i'm more interested in his next cd, "Addicted." I heard there will be a new version of Hyperdrive for the cd, which is one of the best Devy songs imo. Can't wait to hear it.

the more i listen to ki the more i enjoy it. its very different but excellent all the same. trainfire is a standout for sure but so is heaven send and terminal. the album has one hell of a groove to it.

Wow. I can't stop listening to the album....

It has more good songs than El Cielo, but El Cielo has 3 or 4 AMAZING songs where this one has 2 or 3....

I think it will be a toss up in my book.

I need a vinyl release to be sure.

i am finding more and more amazing tracks as i listen. at this point i cant even fault it. i am going to put it out there and say it tops el cielo. it just flows so well and brings so many different elements to the table. gavin is such an amazing vocalist.

Oh man, I know. I couldn't believe that combo was just $15.

I'm so excited to listen to this all the way through on vinyl.

This seriously could top El Cielo for me...

Listened to the first two tracks of Black Sun Aeon - Darkness Walks Beside Me. Pretty damn classy melancholic metal I think. Some Katatonia and older Opeth in there as well as some influences from the first two Amorphis albums gone darker.

The new ISIS is waaayyyy better than ITAoT, but its still somewhat lackluster compared to their older stuff. I'd say I'm mostly happy with it though. Can't even think of anything else already out this year. Still looking for: Amber Asylum, Paradise Lost, Katatonia, Evoken. Among others I'm sure.