2009 Music

It's really that experimental? From the few songs they released to the public it seemed a lot like Catch Without Arms. Pretty straight forward pop rock songs imo. El Cielo was a much grandeur in concept than Catch. Although I noticed they have something of a mini concept thing going throughout the cd with the stamp of origin songs.

You are right... it's not very experimental at all. The songwriting is very structured with tracks between actual songs that are somewhat experimental, but the songs themselves are pretty much straight up rock with lots of hooks.

Rapture (L)

Henri's über growls will be missed though.

Absolutely. Hopefully he will keep doing Rain Paint albums if they continue. Petri did the harsh vox on Futile and they were not bad, but Henri is a beast. I feel like he is wasting his time with Diablerie.

Wait, what? Did they change singers? :OMG:

No, Henri left the band. Petri is taking over all vocal duties now.

AHAB!!!!

The Call of the Wretched Sea is such an epic piece of music, one of my favorites of the genre. Man, I have to go listen to it again right now...

Absolutely. Hopefully he will keep doing Rain Paint albums if they continue. Petri did the harsh vox on Futile and they were not bad, but Henri is a beast. I feel like he is wasting his time with Diablerie.

No, Henri left the band. Petri is taking over all vocal duties now.

I must check out that Rain Paint band. Petri's vocals are okay I guess, I just hope they don't try to perform live with one singer. Would probably suck donkey penis. Sucks that Henri left either way. One of the best growlers.

Sucks that Henri left either way. One of the best growlers.

So true, he is definitely one of my all time favorites, he will be missed.

And yeah, you might enjoy Rain Paint, Henri's parts are fantastic. Might take you some time to get used to Aleksi's clean vocals, they are hmm... interesting :)

I must check out that Rain Paint band. Petri's vocals are okay I guess, I just hope they don't try to perform live with one singer. Would probably suck donkey penis. Sucks that Henri left either way. One of the best growlers.

Yeah, Henri used to nearly pop his face off performing his vox. Just check this out.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSO-bqfaaIE&feature=related[/ame]