2009 Music

I agree, it doesn't make a lick of sense. Not to mention imo overall this is their darkest record to date. Also Steve has never sounded better. Perhaps an hour long cohesive work is too much for some folks to take in.

I agree with you. I've only listened to it twice so far, as I picked it up yesterday, but I liked how it was all over the place musically. The switch from Drawing the Line into The Incident was quite unexpected. FOABP was a huge grower for me and I still don't even listen to it that much. I liked it, but I think I'll be enjoying this album more in the long run. It'll be interesting to hear it live at the end of the month.

We have a triangle of love here: Seinfeld, IASIP and Big Lebowski...three of the best viewing pleasures in the history of the boobtube. Watch them all pretty much religiously, haha.

One of the best shows on TV!!!

icon14.gif

Anyone know of any updates for Anathema? Also waiting for updates for Orphaned Land. I've heard (or read) that may not come out til beginning of 2010.

"No, Walter, you're not wrong. You're just an ASSHOLE!!"

Anyone know of any updates for Anathema?

Browsed through their forum this week, didnt find anything new.
Last news i read from Danny was they changes the album-title from Horizons to Angels Walk Among Us, and now there is a poll on their forum asking for what title to choose, will probably go back to Horizons, I guess no one knows, not even the band.

edit: Oh and also he said that some of the songs that they have allready released wont show up on the album, Everything beeing one of them.

Hmmm. Interesting. Sounds like they're not sure what they're doing. Hopefully they have their shit together. I think they should stick with Horizons. All I've heard was some time in November (?), unless that's changed too...

I have a feeling they allways have been kinda unorganized. There was a thread about that and I think Danny agreed. If i remember correct he said that they are more focused now than before and that if this album and tour goes well it will be max 1,5-2 years until next release.

I bet they are sure of what they are doing, its just that Danny likes to share alot of whats going on with the fans, and thats really nice.

Their forum is on soulreaper.net.

Yeah, I just checked it out very briefly. I also checked out Anathemaniacs site, which looks like people don't stop by very often. Nothing on ProgArchives either...:err:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAWESOME!
Tack. :)

edit: Sounds like it wont be released this year. :(
Did he say they will be Headlining in Stockholm??!!!!! When was this? What have i missed? :OMG:

Ok.. im seriously about to start weeping here.
They played in Stockholm a week ago and i had no fucking idea?
WHEN THE FUCK DID THEY ADD THAT GIG TO THE TOUR?!!!!

I cant believe this... I cant fucking believe this... :(

edit: Stefan.. did you know about this? Why havent i seen you talking about this? Or have i been living under a fucking rock?! I cant belive it, this ruined my weekend.

Thats what happens when you stop reading UM on a regular basis.

Ive been to Anathemas site now and then checking, only scandinavian date I saw was in Finland iirc.
Last time when they were here with PT (and i waited 10 years for that) i only got to see 2 songs cause they printed the wrong time on the ticket, and now i missed this.

Shit, Im devastated :(