2009 Music

Really?!
I never cared much for Arjens projects, but this is just great.

there is a thousand things that make this a GM a major fail. half the riffs are rip off of ayreon so dont see how you like it that much better. ajren gets a tad bit to much mic time, no offence, the guy is a diety but layered vox or none. the worst part about GM though is how long i waited for it just to be letdown.

Porcupine Tree - The Incident (big letdown)

still dont understand how anyone can possibly say this. i thought i would never say this but PT out did themselves. octane twisted/seanece is even darker than the darkest of PT songs, like Baby dream in cellophane and dark matter. its absolutly incredible, it destroys your entire list easily.

Ava Inferi anyone? I think this is a pretty great band and their new album Blood of Bacchus is great.

A lot of good shit this year eh?

Suffocation-Blood Oath
Absu-S/T
Destroyer 666-Defiance
Hypocrisy- A taste of extreme divinity

Hell I can't remember the rest, but its been killer so far this year.

The Incident is the only one on Charlie's list I even remotely enjoy, I dig the shit out if it :headbang:

Ki was good for like a week, now I just don't like it. The next one in the Dev series sounds very promising though.

i didn't like drawing the line at all ever since the first reveal clips. i thought this album was going to be a "piano lessons" super pop album. but once i heard it live, i was absolutly blown away.... not repetitve, very dynamic.

there is a thousand things that make this a GM a major fail. half the riffs are rip off of ayreon so dont see how you like it that much better. ajren gets a tad bit to much mic time, no offence, the guy is a diety but layered vox or none. the worst part about GM though is how long i waited for it just to be letdown.

still dont understand how anyone can possibly say this. i thought i would never say this but PT out did themselves. octane twisted/seanece is even darker than the darkest of PT songs, like Baby dream in cellophane and dark matter. its absolutly incredible, it destroys your entire list easily.

Ok. Maybe the fact that his album struck me like a lightning from a blue sky boosts it for me.
To be honest I only listened to The Human Equation and one other album by Ayreon and that was over a year ago, I could barely go through one listening though.
Maybe I should give it another go.

The Incident was a letdown to me too. :p
I need to spin it this week though, seeing them live on monday.

Ok. Maybe the fact that his album struck me like a lightning from a blue sky boosts it for me.
To be honest I only listened to The Human Equation and one other album by Ayreon and that was over a year ago, I could barely go through one listening though.
Maybe I should give it another go.

i advise you check out 101010101010101010101010101010101. the first disc is like a disgrace to ayroen fans, but disc 2 IMO was cd of 2008. but you might be dissappionted to see how many of the riffs and melodies are exactly the same as "on this perfect day". but this cd has jonas on it, assuming your in this forum, im gonna go out on a limb and say that probably holds some appeal, and he has growling vocals! which made my friends and i speculate so much about this kat release for last two years.

wait so that arjen ayreon guy has a new album/band out????

i enjoyed 01 for what it was maybe i should check this out...

its a 10 clone with one singer who sounds like hes from Muse :)Puke:) and alot more "arjen ayreon guy" singing. i say try Star One first.

So far the top album for me is Long Distance Calling's album Avoid the Light which features Jonas singing on its lone track with vocals. This album feels like a blend of Katatonia and Agalloch, and to me is an absolute gem.

For me, The Blind House and Drawing The Line were the initial 2 that had the genitalia stimulated, now its just about the whole thing :p
Yeah, especially after hearing it live, just awesome.
Let's see what you think after you've heard it live :)

So far the top album for me is Long Distance Calling's album Avoid the Light which features Jonas singing on its lone track with vocals. This album feels like a blend of Katatonia and Agalloch, and to me is an absolute gem.

besides that one song, they just sound like your basic generic instrumental band. hardly album of the year, never found someone who like it that much.

Argh! new Blasphemophagher and Ares Kingdom albums out soon! Not sure how many of you like that stuff though, but worth a try if you like your metal very dirty.