A new Toxic Grind Machine song, INCLUDING vocals and a complete song this time!

I would if it wasnt on my x-mas break, i'm heading back to chicago or cali most likely.

I must utterly suck haha

Even though i studied your pictures almost religiously...i can get a sound nowhere near as good :erk:

I run your setting through my pod and set up the same signal chain (save for the blockfish - $$$ is tight at the mo haha) and it just so 2d.. not in your face like your awesome mix:worship:.
I have had that song in my head all week :headbang:would love to get the lyrics up for it? and any of your valuable wisdom onto making the tracks have so much punch. I must be messing something up with the master track and oh's on drums and stuff.

PS see on your pictures there are some plugins turned off... were they still used in the final mix or just experimentation? If you could find the time to answer any of these things i would be VERY appreciative!

I tell you something that really has me baffled.. and thats the appearance of tonic on the guitar and master tracks?!?!?!

*hums chorus*
Kezspez
x

I must utterly suck haha

Even though i studied your pictures almost religiously...i can get a sound nowhere near as good :erk:

I run your setting through my pod and set up the same signal chain (save for the blockfish - $$$ is tight at the mo haha) and it just so 2d.. not in your face like your awesome mix:worship:.
I have had that song in my head all week :headbang:would love to get the lyrics up for it? and any of your valuable wisdom onto making the tracks have so much punch. I must be messing something up with the master track and oh's on drums and stuff.

PS see on your pictures there are some plugins turned off... were they still used in the final mix or just experimentation? If you could find the time to answer any of these things i would be VERY appreciative!

I tell you something that really has me baffled.. and thats the appearance of tonic on the guitar and master tracks?!?!?!

*hums chorus*
Kezspez
x

Yeah Kezspez, some plugins are just there from former songs or experimentation, i just try some weird stuff like tonic on the guitars or master track to see if i can do something with it.. if they are greyed out, i don't use them.

I did expect people not getting the same results with these settings.. it's more that you can see what needs compression, what could use some EQ, etc.. as your input when you record will probably differ, it will be almost impossible to gain the same results based on screenshots.
I think you should try the samples on your drums first, and the patch if you have a POD XT, tweak those till you are satisfied and then start looking at what could use plugins.. start with my settings perhaps and then tweak away... but dont stop where i stopped, tweak even more and maybe this will help more.

Thanks for the compliments, maybe Trev will see this and post some lyrics up.

cheers! :kickass:

Damn that song musically and lryics is perfection lol. That song and the others are WAY strong enough to tour on. You should definitely take that up, you'll explode in the United States thats for sure, our music is stale as all hell right now.

On a side note, i was wondering what your take on Logic Studio 8 is? I just ordered it along with a toneport for a interface. I heard that logic studio 8 is the best all in one package thats under $500.

How would you compare it too what you use Bob/Travis?

On a side note, i was wondering what your take on Logic Studio 8 is? I just ordered it along with a toneport for a interface. I heard that logic studio 8 is the best all in one package thats under $500.

How would you compare it too what you use Bob/Travis?

Thanks for the kind words sir!

About logic.. i never tried it really, i hear good things though but all i know is steinberg hosts and a bit of pro-tools and reaper.

I download this song awhile ago and listened to it at work about 25 times that day. The "...until you tasted blood" part is some damn catchy I still can't get it out of my head. This song is so much better than anything on Fear Factory's last CD it's crazy. If Toxic Grind machine doesn't get a record deal there is no hope for the rest of us mortals.

Neonbob is so good at making and producing music I just want to lay ontop of him naked. Not in a homosexual way mind you, but in respect of the way he produces music. Like in a cave man who just killed a saber tooth tiger and made a kick ass song way.

Neonbob is so good at making and producing music I just want to lay ontop of him naked. Not in a homosexual way mind you, but in respect of the way he produces music. Like in a cave man who just killed a saber tooth tiger and made a kick ass song way.

LOL!!

That had me laughing for a good minute dude! Which is quite a lot for me.. cheers. :lol:

Argh, can we please stop bumping the thread! I keep seeing "A new Toxic Grind Machine song..." as having just been posted, and I get all excited thinking you've made a new song, and then I find its just someone posting in this thread! Such a disappointment ;p

Argh, can we please stop bumping the thread! I keep seeing "A new Toxic Grind Machine song..." as having just been posted, and I get all excited thinking you've made a new song, and then I find its just someone posting in this thread! Such a disappointment ;p

Haha.. very true!

New one in progress btw.. wont be long now. :kickass:

It will all come together as soon 4-5 full songs get finished, website and all :cool: The developing song is already shaping up to be more powerful than this one, so I hope we can match the enthusiasm level.

The support from all of you guys has been amazing, cheers to everyone of you!!

Oh god i cant wait. Like i've said, the overall song, screaming, singing, music, structure, is just amazing. My favorite song of all time. Cant wait for the new song. 1 song can only be listened to so much lol.

I see you posted in the ESP forum bob! welcome. You finally brought closure to that long ass thread lol.