AE's New Nebula Thread

I've never had this program before. I got the free version of Nebula 3.

Copied the files to the directory. Opened up Cubase 5. New Mono Audio Track. Inserted Nebula3Free. If I go to add the Nebula3Free Reverb it crashes Cubase. First time it's crashed since I had it. Regardless once I open Nebual3Free it says Init.

neb1.jpg

neb2h.jpg

I've never had this program before. I got the free version of Nebula 3.

Copied the files to the directory. Opened up Cubase 5. New Mono Audio Track. Inserted Nebula3Free. If I go to add the Nebula3Free Reverb it crashes Cubase. First time it's crashed since I had it. Regardless once I open Nebual3Free it says Init.

I'm not sure if this would work with the free version? I'm lost myself, maybe AE or Marcus can say something about it, sorry :(

Hahahahahaah, I hear ya Pete, this crap is confusing as hell :lol: But yeah, you gotta fork out for Nebula 2 to load 'em!

There are..

1) Nebula 2/3 Free - This is the free version of Nebula. Anyone can download it, but it can only run programs (consisting of an .n2p file and an .n2v file) that are encrypted as free. In my signature, I link to my Nebula Free thread, which contains the only cab sim programs I've encrypted as free to date.
2) Nebula 2 - This is an older version of Nebula, and is less expensive than Nebula 3. This will run cab programs just fine. This is all you need. But, if you like Nebula and want to use a lot of the more powerful and updated features of version 3, then you'll want to go with version 3.
3) Nebula 3 - This is the big nasty bastard of all three. It has more to tweak than you could know what to do with, and has a greater learning curve than any of the other things.

Poi, your cab program is not encrypted as a free program, so it will only run on Nebula 2 and above.

To run the programs..

1) Install the latest version of Nebula 2/3. This will include getting the latest version, and doing the full email communication with Acustica Audio, which involves the transfer of a .ser file. This is their security measure. It takes a day or two.
2) Download the cab program.
3) Put the .n2p file in your Nebula folder's Programs folder. For me, it's c:\nebulatemprepository\programs. This is the sort of index file that the VST looks at.
4) Put the .n2v file in your Nebula folder's Vectors folder. For me, it's c:\nebulatemprepository\vectors. This is the actual audio data the VST uses.
5) Run Nebula 2/3, select the program, and enjoy.

No worries.

My thoughts/ Summarised below.

nebulawoes.jpg

Oh that is IT !!!

Everytime someone pushes Nebula its like they actually saw God. Then I download the whole shabang again and its the same old story. Does this program possess people?:headbang:

Personally I like this Nebula/NAT concept so much that I'm gonna get all the updates too.

...and if its not too much work I'd like to know some giancarlo's insights considering sampling speakers and amps, like how well analytical methods, such as Volterra series or dynamical convolution, are doing in future with complex dynamical nonlinearities of the hard driven speaker or tube-amplifier circuit. I believe there is also some true physics-based models for accurate real-time simulation eventually coming.