AGGALOCH

Korlich

So Judah fucked it up
Jul 28, 2003
Århus, Denmark
Now I´ve heard alot of ppl who compare aggaloch to opeth, so I´ve decided to give them a try but I was wandering which of their albums is the best?

Their great. I think The Mantle is theire best album. Check it out!

The Mantle is much less metal than Pale Folklore, but both are pretty damn good. They really don't sound too much like Opeth though, except for the forest vibe.

Indeed, Agalloch is a great band. The Mantle is excellent, although what I've heard from Pake Folklore is good as well. As far as their sound, though...it's really not like Opeth. Blackened doom folk, perhaps?

NineFeetUnderground said:
no, agalloch is fine. woods of ypres i absolutely fucking despise.

Woods of Ypres, I like em but I wish they had a better vocalist

check out Enslaved instead. but agalloch is decent too...just nothing like opeth.

I've never heard Enslaved, but you mention them in the same breath as Agalloch. Are they similar in style?

saut said:
I've never heard Enslaved, but you mention them in the same breath as Agalloch. Are they similar in style?

no, not at all really. but the reason i mentioned them is because enslaved DOES have similar sounding parts as Opeth...which is why agalloch was brought up here in the first place right?

Tablinan said:
Try out Sculptured

agreed.

and Enslaved was a good recommendation too. Especially 'Mardraum'.

not that either of those bands sound like Opeth, per say, but they are both great bands.

no, not at all really. but the reason i mentioned them is because enslaved DOES have similar sounding parts as Opeth...which is why agalloch was brought up here in the first place right?

Either way I'll have to investigate them. What would be a good starting point?

shantideva said:
agreed.

and Enslaved was a good recommendation too. Especially 'Mardraum'.

not that either of those bands sound like Opeth, per say, but they are both great bands.

listen to the "Eld" album on the track called 793...and tell me that at 5:30 it DOESNT sound like Opeth. ;)

but for a good album to start with, try any of them. monumension, mardraum, eld, frost, and below the lights are all amazing.