Albums you hate that most people like

It took me a while find what sound I like in metal at all so I try and be patient with a new album.

Anyway I haven't bought any albums and then decided I hate them because I've either been lucky or already heard it.

Iron Maiden
I fuckin' hate that heavy metal stuff while half of the world metalheads ready to torn me apart even for my only thought.
sorta with you on this...

Well I would guess that this is because your taste in metal sucks. I really can't figure any other reason.
No other reason, really...

If you're judging the band entirely on how skilled Quorthon is as a clean vocalist, you're just missing the point entirely. There's far more to Bathory's music than how slick or well-produced it is.
Actually, Bathory would sound horrible if it was "well-produced"

If that's all that matters to you in metal, then go listen to Avenged Sevenfold or some shit.
Frankly, A7X's vocalist is worse than Quorthon

The thing about Quorthon's vocals is that on Hammerheart and onwards he manages to put emotion into them in a way you never really see. The last couple stanzas of One Rode To Asa Bay are sung so mournfully, it's really amazing. In my opinion, anyways.

It sort of cmes around once you stop being about surface gags and learn to appreciate the music. I never used to be so hot for Maiden, Gravedigger, etc. Until one day it just clicked.

It's like how I used to jump around my music alot and now I prefer to just listen to a whole album.

I think Maiden is a good band, in moderation. A few songs here or there. But I just cannot bear to listen to a full Maiden album, for the life of me.

But "good band" is all they'll be to me. The title of "metal gods" goes to Sabbath for me. :)

I do listen to a single album at a time but I will play around the tracks. I dont get how people can put their whole collection on random.

It's easy, when you have friends over, and listening to one album becomes tedious if the other person doesn't like it.

Even in that I usually select a certain genre to use it with.

Sacramentum - I just can't compare them to Dissection. IMHO it sounds even silly, especially when I remember that Dissection released two of the greatest metal albums ever - The Somberlain and SotLB. :worship:

Some other bands people enjoy and I don't like at all:

- Grave Digger;
- Testament (Have in mind that I'm a thrash fan - just don't dig Testament);
- Sunn o))):zombie:

Kreator - Extreme Aggression

I do not go as far as hating it but I do not know why Kreator fans rate it so highly. Pleasure to Kill is way better.

Celtic Frost - Into the Pandemonium

Well for one ive never talked about Production and as long as it sounds ok I couldnt give a hoot all that much. And you insult my musical taste with Dimmu Borgir in your sig? Nice.

Tbh, hating Bathory says a lot more about one's (lack of) taste in music than liking Dimmu does.

Actually, Bathory would sound horrible if it was "well-produced"

Well, I'm not saying it should sound like a Roadrunner Records album, but it would be nice if it were a few steps up from a 1920's phonograph.

The thing about Quorthon's vocals is that on Hammerheart and onwards he manages to put emotion into them in a way you never really see. The last couple stanzas of One Rode To Asa Bay are sung so mournfully, it's really amazing. In my opinion, anyways.

Yeah, Quorthon definitely sang with a level of emotion and 'realness' that you hardly ever hear in metal, what with all the cock-rockers, faux-opera singers, and cookie monsters that dominate the genre.

My entire playlist is on random 90% of the time

:erk:

I always pick what I'm going to listen to - even if it's on a song-by-song basis. I kind of like to be mentally prepared for whatever I'm about to listen to.

Yeah, Quorthon definitely sang with a level of emotion and 'realness' that you hardly ever hear in metal, what with all the cock-rockers, faux-opera singers, and cookie monsters that dominate the genre.

Although I totally love those guys too...

On the Bathory thing, why should it matter whether rms likes them or not?! Why should that be such a bad thing? Saying you're not a true metal fan or whatever because you don't like a band every one else does is pretty damn stupid in my opinion; I hate that mentality of "If you don't listen to *insert band in here*, you're not metal". You should be able to listen to, like, or hate whatever band you want whilst maintaining whatever image or lifestyle you want if you're really and honestly into it.

/steps off of soapbox

Anyway, back on topic... I don't like Nightfall in Middle Earth by Blind Guardian even though it's praised by a lot of people who like that band.