Albums you hate that most people like

I started out with Thrash, but I dont really like much of it anymore.Only the older, more mainstream stuff sadly. I really have to dig around the thrash area again.

Also, I cannot stand new thrash, like Municipal Waste

Woa...

although I hated it the first time I heard it...

To be fair, I don't 'hate' it as much anymore, but it's not something I desire to listen to, as I'd much rather listen to Leprosy or Human.

Another musically awesome album I don't like because of the vocals is Gorguts - Obscura :zombie: though I have warmed up to it upon previous listens, I'd rather just listen to The Erosion of Sanity.

I really think people need to break the Dissection-Sacramentum-Dawn paradigm that people like Falco have constructed. I don't think that Dissection has all that many similarities (or rather, enough differences, especially on Storm Of The Light's Bane) which would negate that validity of comparison between Dissection and Sacramentum or Dawn. So basically saying that Sacramentum is better than Dissection is akin to saying, for example, early At The Gates is better than In Flames. There are loose comparisons, but the distinctions between the two should be clear enough that it should be evident that they really don't play in the same style. Basically what I'm saying is that it's really fucking annoying that every time somebody mentions Dissection, the next five posts have to be how Sacramentum or Dawn are better. I don't think that there would be nearly as many comparisons if Falco and crew hadn't created them a few years ago.

Agreed. I was contemplating on making a similar post, but you've said it better than I could have. The recent fanboy-ism surrounding Sacramentum's debut is pretty irritating, particularly, as you said, when it's constantly stated that they're better than Dissection. Don't get me wrong, I've fucking loved Far Away From the Sun for many years, but it's a fair bit different from anything Dissection released.

Quorthon has one of the worst voices in metal and Bathory sucks a fat dong. God how anyone likes Bathory is beyond me

Well I would guess that this is because your taste in metal sucks. I really can't figure any other reason.

It honestly sounds like shit. I seriously 100% dont understand how anyone could enjoy it.

If you're judging the band entirely on how skilled Quorthon is as a clean vocalist, you're just missing the point entirely. There's far more to Bathory's music than how slick or well-produced it is. If that's all that matters to you in metal, then go listen to Avenged Sevenfold or some shit.

I don't mind the vocals, or the music. It just doesn't sound that great to me, so I don't listen to it. I won't argue with how influential it has been but still.

Personally I think the songwriting in Bathory's music is among the best that has ever been heard in metal - right up there with Sabbath, Maiden, and any other heroes of the genre. The only grounds I can see for criticising the band are:

• the recording quality
• the lack of refinement in the vocals
• the serious/occasionally-preachy tone of the music

Of those, only the last one is one I'd consider a legitimate criticism. The other two are just a matter of patience on the listener's part.

Iron Maiden
I fuckin' hate that heavy metal stuff while half of the world metalheads ready to torn me apart even for my only thought.

I agree. Everyone hypes Maiden as metal gods, blah blah blah. I don't see the hype. They just aren't that interesting to me.

Six Feet Under-13 and in general. I do not even need to say much. SFU are one of the best selling death metal bands and as much as people despise them more people like them a lot more. fucking terrible

I couldn't agree more. Same goes in regards to Cannibal Corpse, I like most of their stuff but the rest had been completed omitted from my music collection.

Well I would guess that this is because your taste in metal sucks. I really can't figure any other reason.

If you're judging the band entirely on how skilled Quorthon is as a clean vocalist, you're just missing the point entirely. There's far more to Bathory's music than how slick or well-produced it is. If that's all that matters to you in metal, then go listen to Avenged Sevenfold or some shit.

Well for one ive never talked about Production and as long as it sounds ok I couldnt give a hoot all that much. And you insult my musical taste with Dimmu Borgir in your sig? Nice.

I agree. Everyone hypes Maiden as metal gods, blah blah blah. I don't see the hype. They just aren't that interesting to me.

It sort of cmes around once you stop being about surface gags and learn to appreciate the music. I never used to be so hot for Maiden, Gravedigger, etc. Until one day it just clicked.

It's like how I used to jump around my music alot and now I prefer to just listen to a whole album.

It sort of cmes around once you stop being about surface gags and learn to appreciate the music. I never used to be so hot for Maiden, Gravedigger, etc. Until one day it just clicked.

It's like how I used to jump around my music alot and now I prefer to just listen to a whole album.

I do listen to a single album at a time but I will play around the tracks. I dont get how people can put their whole collection on random.