alexi's vocals

Definetly! I'v alwayz loved their drumming and guitaring, but the vocals just get tiring after awhile. His voice reminds me of Megadeth...it sounds all wasted or something but cool. Do you know how they sound live? I'd like to hear the drums in person sometime.

I've never actually been to a show, but I've watched live performances and they're not too bad. The vocals sound more organic since they're not layered or heavily produced and the rest of the band does a pretty good job of keeping up and not fucking up. I rather like the new vocals, he actually sounds like he's put effort into them.

I think Shadows is awesome, his vocals have only improved. I still haven't listened to the whole of City of Evil yet.

I have quite a bit of music on this computer so it's hard for me to focus on one album all the way through. Plus I don't really pay attention when I'm looking on the net and stuff. I don't listen to it in my room either because I'm usually practising.

My metal collection is relatively small, so I more or less know most of the albums and how they play out from start to finish. I don't even remember the last time I really actively listened to all the other albums I have. But indie rock is my second choice after metal. Yay Mogwai!!! :headbang: <---not really accurate

I know all my Metallica, LoG and Bodom cd's go but that's about it really. I have Necrophagist, Nevermore, Trivium, Avenged, Kalmah, Warmen, Arsis, At The Gates etc and I only know a few songs from each cd.

Plus, some of the songs on albums by some of those artists seem to run on to each other, and it's harder to tell songs apart. Although, to the untrained ear, Lamb of God can sound really repetitive. "As The Palaces Burn" really grew on me, and now it's one of my favorites. It was also one of my most played until I discovered CoB.

I prefer AoTW to AtPB, I personlly think the sound is much better and the songs are much better, more interesting riffs. I'm looking forward to the new album for sure.

I still haven't gotten around to getting AoTW, but I like the sound better on AtPB because it sounds more organic and at the time I bought that album, most of what I listened to was mostly mainstream stuff that had crisp production, so it was a real culture shock. I like Randy's voice more so on there, also.

<-Warheart-> said:
I know all my Metallica, LoG and Bodom cd's go but that's about it really. I have Necrophagist, Nevermore, Trivium, Avenged, Kalmah, Warmen, Arsis, At The Gates etc and I only know a few songs from each cd.

I only buy new cds after every two months unless there is a new cd barely releasing from a band i love so all the cds i have, i know by heart. For some reason i dedicate myself to memorizing a lot of lyrics by heart. It's not satisfying for me to not know the lyrics when i love the way they sound.

Authentic Metalhead said:
Plus, some of the songs on albums by some of those artists seem to run on to each other, and it's harder to tell songs apart. Although, to the untrained ear, Lamb of God can sound really repetitive. "As The Palaces Burn" really grew on me, and now it's one of my favorites. It was also one of my most played until I discovered CoB.

I love Lamb of God. Those guys fuckin rock! I love the vocals and drumming very much. I'd give the As The Palaces Burn album five out of five stars. That was excellent! They seem to get better and better each time. I still haven't got the latest album yet, but i'v borrowed it and it was even better than ATPB. I can't wait til that new album Sacrament comes out. I'm expecting something even more complicated.

GrimReaper666 said:
I only buy new cds after every two months unless there is a new cd barely releasing from a band i love so all the cds i have, i know by heart. For some reason i dedicate myself to memorizing a lot of lyrics by heart. It's not satisfying for me to not know the lyrics when i love the way they sound.
Yeah I also love knowing the lyrics, I was so disappointed when I found out that Alexi left them out of the AYDY booklet, but now there's 3 on the official site so that's cool.

GrimReaper666 said:
I love Lamb of God. Those guys fuckin rock! I love the vocals and drumming very much. I'd give the As The Palaces Burn album five out of five stars. That was excellent! They seem to get better and better each time. I still haven't got the latest album yet, but i'v borrowed it and it was even better than ATPB. I can't wait til that new album Sacrament comes out. I'm expecting something even more complicated.

I have their new song from their new album and it's really good. I didn't like it at first but I downloaded it the other night and loved it instantly. I think Sacrement will be just as good as AotW but in a different way, they've gone with a different sound this time.

Authentic Metalhead said:
Randy Blythe does have a very unique growl. You can immediately tell it's him after barely a verse. Their drummer is very skilled in doing groove-oriented stuff, too.
Yes! I was watching Killadelphia the other night thinking I'd love to be able to growl like that dude. And Chris Adler is an incredible drummer, I love what he plays (I'm a drummer too).