American Football Thread

hahaha, i saw a docu about detroit the other day on ESPN. it was about how incredibly bad they have been for years and years. virtually every fan blamed the shitty management. it was kinda interesting.

that said, i thought the bengals were the worst team of all time in any sport. were they talking about the lions only because the bengals are good now?

No, but this is like, the second or third time Chris Brown has missed an easy field goal late in a close game.

hahaha, i was gonna say something like, "not that its a challeng for them to lose or anything". thats funny about their kicker though. they probably cheered. woo-hoo! first pick for us!

Dunno about Houston, but New England DEFINITELY blew the game on purpose at the end so that they could play Jacksonville at home instead of Pittsburgh. They probably weren't expecting to come back against Miami the way they did, but that pass attempt for the two point coversion at the end of the game was laughable, it was so obviously thrown away.

thats why i love football and their 16 game season. sarcasm.
baseballs absurdly boring but at least their season is long enough that everything is statistically relevant. i dont think 16 games is quite long enough to determine who is truly the best.
college football is even worse. much worse. but what are you supposed to do with 845297945180942 teams?

awesome!

Portis' mom reportedly punches out fan

Redskins running back Clinton Portis took a beating in a victory over the Eagles on Sunday. But his mother apparently dished one out, according to a report in The Washington Post.

The Post says that in the fourth quarter of the game in Philadelphia, Portis' mom, Rhonnel Hearn, was sitting in the end zone at Lincoln Financial Field with Portis' stepfather and some friends when an Eagles fan tossed a beer on the group.

Hearn responded by punching the woman in the face.

And that's why Hearn watched part of the game on the Redskins' sideline.

"She busted some lady in the nose, but that'll just teach you about messing with her," Portis said.

"I think fans take that too serious. People come to the game to have a good time, that's what you should do. If you decide your team is losing and you want to cause trouble, then you're going to get what you're looking for. And (Sunday), whoever that fan was, they got what they were looking for."

In the game, Portis rushed for 112 hard-earned yards to help the Redskins advance to the playoffs, but he reinjured an already sore shoulder and wrist after he was horse-collared in the fourth quarter by Eagles linebacker Trent Cole.

But he remains proud of his mother.

"My mom can protect herself," Portis said.

packers are real bad but still succeed in playing in every single monday night game. green bay is a city of about 30 people but still succeed in being one of the most popular sports teams in america. explain these phenomena