American Football Thread

Hey I think it's cool to see some smaller teams elbowing their way through to the elite. Of course in the US you don't have a promotion/relegation system (which removes most of the interest imo).

My favourite German soccer team is FC Erzgebirge Aue. They play in the 2nd League and it's a town of about 3.000 souls lost in the middle of the Saxony mountains. They're usually the only German professional team which can barely host games in winter because the field is constantly covered by a thick layer of snow.

And back in France there was a really small peasant hamlet of about 60 people 3 miles from where I grew up, and they used to have a basketball team in the 2nd national League for a couple years. The actual basketball hall was located in a barn. The "big" teams from Paris and stuff used to drive down there and go WTF...

i wondered what happened to this thread.
man, embarassing performance by the giants.
oooooo! tiki barber! watch out everybody!
total giants score: ZERO

I reckon I'm gonna live my playoff dreams through the home team the rest of the playoffs. I think the Punt... I mean, PANTHERS have a very good shot at getting back in the SB. They have a great D with Julius Peppers and such, Steve Smith is the best playmaker in the league and the running game is actually starting to look impressive. If we can just keep Delhomme from turning the ball over, we'll be okay.

Anyway, what makes you think the Bears will score more than the field goal they'll probably get after a fumble recovery on the Panthers side of the field?

Dick Sirloin said:
Anyway, what makes you think the Bears will score more than the field goal they'll probably get after a fumble recovery on the Panthers side of the field?
hahaha allright let me think...................
bears: 9 (field goal, TD with missed PAT)
panthers: still ZERO

No one can stop Steve Smith. Not even God Himself (who apparently now plays for the Bears defense).

dorian gray said:
neeeever heard of him. and i watched most of the game.

Are you retarded? He scored the only two TDs! :lol:

EDIT: Or you were being sarcastic, in which case you win.