Any female Opeth followers?

Moonlapse said:
I have to reiterate the point Hypnos has made in the past about a good deal of metal chicks being repulsive, both physically and personality-wise. This is why I preffer my gigs to be sausage-fests. At least if I'm packing up against someone in a moshpit they don't get ideas.

ah but if a chick is hot to begin with and on top of that she likes metal....that's like 10x hotter. i definitely dig the suicidegirls type heh :Smug:

well, moonlapse, a lot of male metalheads are also fucking gross and stupid...
and i will say that anyone who goes into the mosh, esp. females, should be prepared for anything...which is why i never would. i like to keep my parts to myself. i guess if your sausage ends up in someone's arse at a show s/he might get the wrong idea, but probably it's just par for the course...for male or female participants. i mean, we could deconstruct the male-on-male contact in the pit...there's certainly an eros of sorts there, but that's another story.
at any rate, that music like this would attract fuckheads is understandable, i mean this board is rife with idiots, as well as that it would attract men/women who are not what the mainstream would find beautiful...this latter, in a sense, is one thing i like about it.
perhaps we could allay value judgements, beauty and personality contests, and remeber what really matters is loving the music.
all of the misogyny is just stupid shit.
most of the guys i know and have met are really not that hung up on such things as the gender of fans, or musicians for that matter.

leprosy said:
I'm a female... Opeth Kicks ass!
Yes, yes, yes. But you're spoken for, and something tells me as such that you are not needed in this thread. :rolleyes:

Risquit said:
I have said that SO MANY TIMES, and I think you will find that you will too.
'Say it', not 'Do it', for the record. :p

Moonlapse said:
At least if I'm packing up against someone in a moshpit they don't get ideas.
Or do they? ;)

:wave:

I also got into Opeth about two years ago, with a few Blackwater Park mp3s I got off the internet. (Bleak, Dirge For November, and The Drapery Falls.) I listen to all their albums, my favorites at the moment are Orchid and My Arms, Your Hearse. I have since bought all their albums.

And I don't think this thread is a dating service, (or shouldn't become one). Just a place to gather and see other females who like opeth also exist, who aren't just into them because they're boyfriends listen to them or something. (I actually got several guys into them, ironically enough.) Anyway it's a relief to see other women here who like the same music I do, considering how metal is often portrayed as male-only. It feels like a boy's club already so why shouldn't we have our own thread? It doesn't mean guys aren't allowed. :)

I have to reiterate the point Hypnos has made in the past about a good deal of metal chicks being repulsive, both physically and personality-wise. This is why I preffer my gigs to be sausage-fests. At least if I'm packing up against someone in a moshpit they don't get ideas.
Speak for yourself buddy...

hey! this place is still kicking around I see. gmail here. :wave: picked up opeth a lil over a couple years ago when bwp was released. backtracked to find the rest of their catalogue and now find myself here. so who else is impatient for the next album?

PoS said:
hey! this place is still kicking around I see. gmail here. :wave: picked up opeth a lil over a couple years ago when bwp was released. backtracked to find the rest of their catalogue and now find myself here. so who else is impatient for the next album?

wow you're into metal and your not ugly

how bizzare

and just how exactly were you planning on doing that? meh, goodnight.

ps. it would appear that decadent made a funny. ;)