Any female Opeth followers?

Decadent said:
I'm hearing a distant *fap fap fap*...

What the hell is *fap fap fap*.............oh..........oh I get it, very funny, come on I'm here for Opeth :headbang:

Necramentia said:
show of hands, who feels really sad and disgusted just being associated with this?

Anyone with logic.

Honestly now ... who gives a shit whether or not Opeth has female followers? I don't. I'm also with Gunhaver and Jinn, tattoos do absolutely nothing for me.
Also, I gurantee you that the majority of subpar females that consider themselves followers of Opeth and claim to be "metalheads" are from such. They listen to Opeth for the simple fact that some of Mike's work has a faint hint of atmospheric romanticism. They'll listen to Lacuna Coil, Nightwish, or Tristania - bands with a similar taste in hoplessness, depression, and a longing for love in a cold world encumbered in darkness - but I gurantee they do not listen to the more traditional metal such as thrash, power, etc.

I know of few women that listen to Death or Atheist, or Morbid Angel or Coroner, or Megadeth or Judas Preist. Why? The element of love is vacant. So the majority of females that claim to be "metal" ... well, as I said, they are not.

And I'll agree male metalheads have an immense ability to display their overwhelming stupidity, yet I know quite a few that are not.

I'll stop ... before this thread turns into another one of those "Lift Your Standards for Women" threads.

Guitarmaster:
I've understood your points of view.
I understand the topic of the tattooes, I know that not to all the persons likes it and they must be respected for it (my parents do n't like it at all)
I believe that the musical world is too complex, and probably you've met lots of womens who listen different kinds of music for different reasons or the reasons that you have named...
I must say to you (surely I'm not inside the list that you've said previously) but I truly feel I'm not like that.
I've been listening music for about 10 years and I like different styles of music. Nowadays I can say that I know many bands; depressive, Gothic, industrial, heavy, thrash, grind, black and even death metal (which I love) and inside the bands that you have named there are too many that I consider myself fanatic or follower (I love Judas and I'm a huge Morbid Angel fan, and I don't like Nightwish, Tristania or even Lacuna Coil)
That's why I say that it depends on the point of view of each one or whom you should have met to speak about music.
Well - this is my point of view - and with very much respect; yours respected.
Take care.
:kickass:

Luz.-

Guitarmaster said:
Anyone with logic.

Honestly now ... who gives a shit whether or not Opeth has female followers? I don't. I'm also with Gunhaver and Jinn, tattoos do absolutely nothing for me.
Also, I gurantee you that the majority of subpar females that consider themselves followers of Opeth and claim to be "metalheads" are from such. They listen to Opeth for the simple fact that some of Mike's work has a faint hint of atmospheric romanticism. They'll listen to Lacuna Coil, Nightwish, or Tristania - bands with a similar taste in hoplessness, depression, and a longing for love in a cold world encumbered in darkness - but I gurantee they do not listen to the more traditional metal such as thrash, power, etc.

I know of few women that listen to Death or Atheist, or Morbid Angel or Coroner, or Megadeth or Judas Preist. Why? The element of love is vacant. So the majority of females that claim to be "metal" ... well, as I said, they are not.

And I'll agree male metalheads have an immense ability to display their overwhelming stupidity, yet I know quite a few that are not.

I'll stop ... before this thread turns into another one of those "Lift Your Standards for Women" threads.

i just think it's real sad that the opeth forum occasionally has episodes of stupidity like this. just think about what you're trying to do, you're trying to meet women on a metal forum. it's just a bit sad, that's all.

Luz said:
Guitarmaster:
I understand the topic of the tattooes, I know that not to all the persons likes it and they must be respected for it (my parents do n't like it at all)
I believe that the musical world is too complex, and probably you've met lots of womens who listen different kinds of music for different reasons or the reasons that you have named...
I must say to you (surely I'm not inside the list that you've said previously) but I truly feel I'm not like that.
I've been listening music for about 10 years and I like different styles of music. Nowadays I can say that I know many bands; depressive, Gothic, industrial, heavy, thrash, grind, black and even death metal (which I love) and inside the bands that you have named there are too many that I consider myself fanatic or follower (I love Judas and I'm a huge Morbid Angel fan, and I don't like Nightwish, Tristania or even Lacuna Coil)
That's why I say that it depends on the point of view of each one or whom you should have met to speak about music.
Take care.

Luz.-

Well said.

Luz said:
Guitarmaster:
Take care.

Luz.-

Too bad you are the exception and not the norm.
I wish there were lots like you.;)

Guitarmaster's rant is very, very true. Many women don't like metal for the 'metal' fundementals. Not all, clearly, as Luz points out... but most.

FUBAR said:
What the hell is *fap fap fap*.............oh..........oh I get it, very funny, come on I'm here for Opeth :headbang:
suuuuure you do.:Smug: j/k

@guitarmaster: thanks very much for very nearly taking a great big steaming dump on any of the women (including me) that have posted on this thread.

are these women you are referring to 'subpar metalheads' or 'subpar women' cos you're not being precisely clear here. a person who considers themself a follower of opeth is a follower of opeth, unless of course they are only doing so to be a part of a crowd. their level of devotion (or in your case i think obsession) with the band does not determine if they are a 'follower' or not. nor does what othertypes of metal they listen to quailify or disqualify them as 'metalheads'. they listen to metal, therefore they are metalheads. if you're trying to say 'they don't listen to tr00 metal' in your opinion, don't you think you're being, at the least, awfully elitist?

The only reason I'm not tearing you a new one here is that you're use of the english language leaves... room for interpretation. I assume you were trying to say "are far from such." and not "are from such." for example? The entire content of your post was negative and mildly degrading. in fact, there was not one single positive thing to be said for women who listen to metal until you responded to luz saying she was an exception and not the norm. until then it was as if there were no exceptions in your book.

for the record, I am a girl who started with what you would call your emo-metal about 4 or so years ago, so I remember what it's like. I have sense broadened my horizons (not moved on) to some of the more obscure and tr00, as you would call it, genre's of metal. I like a little of everything.

have a nice day. :)

PoS

As I said I'm here for Opeth, I'm not trying to impress the 2 or 3 ladies that visit this board

I have a golf club, This thread is soo shit I can't believe that I'm sad enough to keep posting